The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, he did go out of his way to mention the Meta-Crisis Doctor when talking about miscounting the regenerations. I also imagine that he wouldn't really trust anyone else to get around the limit satisfactorily. Also it does look like the Christmas special will be set on Trenzalore, so perhaps he wants to get rid of that so a later head writer doesn't have to worry about the Doctor's end already being decided.

At the end of the day it's not important. He's resolving the "thirteen lives" thing while wrapping up Trenzalore, but that doesn't mean that we can't keep referring to Smith as Eleven.

Also, I did realize today that Hurt has had pretty much the same amount of screentime as McGann at this point.

I think it's named to show a thematic link between Name, Day and Time, but yes I agree that Silent Night was a screamingly obvious title.

According to Peter Davison, they tried to get Tom Baker for the Five(ish) Doctors but he didn't respond, at which point they came up with the Shada joke. Personally, I think that was the best way to include him in it.

A movie is tricky because the bbc has an obligation to provide content, it doesn't work like WWE where you buy PPVs to see storylines payoff. I could only see it being a BBC Worldwide (commercial arm) production featuring either a different continuity or maybe a lost Tennant story. Even then continuity would be low. No license fee money could or would be involved.

There is a BBC Film side division (again, an arm of BBC Worldwide) which has helped fund both quasi-film adaptations of their own shows (In the Loop, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa) and other Britflicks, like Billy Elliott, An Education and Iris.

It's not outside the realms of possibility, but it would be a complicated thing to make a reality. TV lore/continuity for one, being used as a stick to beat the BBC with being another - because ITV are meant to be commercial so when they make Keith Lemon: The Movie, it's not a big deal/worth watching.

Hurt was terrific. I shouldn't have been surprised by that - he's John Hurt - but he so effortlessly became the Doctor that I wish that there was some way, any way, we could have more with him.

Maybe a mini series showing Hurt's Doctor, like what the BBC does with Sherlock! Probably won't happen but it could be pretty awesome.

Well, they set the precendent with having the Sisterhood of Karn show up in the minisode, essentially helping the Doctor regenerate. I suspect they will have a role to play here. Especially if the rumors are true and Ten to Eleven was the thirteenth regeneration.

Moffat doesn't just reference things unless he intends to use them at some point, so he wouldn't mention The Valeyard unless he has... plans.

A friend of mine asked me a few days ago whether I thought Ark in Space or Pyramids of Mars was the better story. I hadn't seen Ark in Space before, so I watched that over the weekend.

So here's my summary for Pyramids of Mars:

The Doctor and Sarah search for a way to stop the ultimate evil from conquering the universe.

And my summary for Ark in Space:

The Doctor, Sarah, and another guy stand in hallways and discuss how to not get killed by evil green bubble wrap.

Yeah, I liked Pyramids a lot better.