The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Ark in Space" is a good example of precisely what you think of when you think of Tom Baker. It's the prototypical Fourth Doctor story. It's fairly unremarkable but a good, solid story that happens to have been the highest rated in the show's history due to an ITV strike. It also has the "indomitable" speech, which is one of the best ever.

"Pyramids of Mars" is, as Mike says, one of the greatest stories ever. The writing and art design alone clinch it, but also there's Sutekh, and Sutekh is twelve pounds of awesome in a ten pound bag.

I'm on a Second Doctor kick at the moment and finished "The Invasion" yesterday. The presence of UNIT really kept the back and forth travels lively and Zoe figuring out how to blow up all of the Cyberman ships was great. The story is all about Tobias Vaughn, though. From his cool and collected attitude being punctuated by moments of sheer rage to his permanently raised eyebrow to his arrogant belief that he was calling the shots on the Cybermen. All of that plus "Packerrrrr." He's just amazing, one of the best villains in the show's history.

If you were writing Doctor Who were would the companion ask the doctor to go to?

I've always wondered why no one has asked to go "second star to the right and straight on till morning" I'd love to see where they would end up.

(when I'm writing Doctor Who in 10years time that's whats going to happen - you heard it here first folks [unless another writer gets there before I do and if that happens, 3rd star to he left and straight on till lunchtime!])

A month or two back the new series was added to Netflix Canada which had until then only had about five classic stories and Touchwood but in much bigger Canada based Who news 'An Adventure in Space & Time' and 'The Enemy of the World' come to DVD THIS TUESDAY as an exclusive at Best Buy and Future Shop stores!

M2209132.jpgM2209133.jpg

-Skyler

Huh. So we have to wait til August for new DW, but there won't be a split. I can deal with that. We kinda need the break after the chaos that is the anniversary year anyway.

That's exactly my thinking. Give us a few months to miss it.

Regarding Moffat's take on The Doctor's regeneration cycle: Could Peter Capaldi be The Valeyard?

Actually, if anything, 10.5 would be the Valeyard.

That makes a ton of sense. The reason The Valeyard might hate The Doctor and seeks his remaining lives is because he's the half-human (RE: one life) Doctor that's been shunted off to a parallel world and left there, forgotten. If he could make it back to this reality, it fits to reason he'd be a touch pissed at his older selves.

That makes a ton of sense. The reason The Valeyard might hate The Doctor and seeks his remaining lives is because he's the half-human (RE: one life) Doctor that's been shunted off to a parallel world and left there, forgotten. If he could make it back to this reality, it fits to reason he'd be a touch pissed at his older selves.

I always thought it'd have been awesome to bring back Tennant during Smith's era as the Meta-Crisis Doctor. You could have two Doctors in the TARDIS for a bit, with Tennant being the more human, relatable, and "cool" Doctor. At some point he'd actually start to pull Amy and Rory away from the pure Time Lord Eleven. Something like the coldness Eleven showed Rory in "Amy's Choice" would have been a good breaking point. Maybe Meta-Crisis Ten even gets his own TARDIS and flies off with the companions. Then he turns out to be a maniacal villain and all hell breaks loose.

So I just got my Caves of Androzani DVD, intending to only watch one episode since it's pretty late....yeah, the only thing that kept me from pressing play on Episode 3 is lack of sleep. I'll continue first thing in the morning.

Caves has that effect on people.