Ben Weldon

The Doctor Who thread

The Christmas Special, and how much the trailers are getting the hype up for me, are the main reason I'm thinking of doing my day at the movies on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day.

Well, to be fair, my tradition is to spend the day at home, watching Christmas specials in my pajamas and blogging about it. Last year, I changed it up, did that on Christmas Eve, and spent Christmas Day at the movie theater. It would be keeping to tradition still, just a slight altering.

Hmm. I don't think that's a good enough reason. I mean don't get me wrong, the final product was great and I really like the concept of the War Doctor, but in this situation I think McGann could easily have been that Doctor who burned Gallifrey, in fact I assumed for the entire length of the modern series that he was. I don't see the barrier that Moffat does.

Bit too over-referenced for my taste, some baddies we didn't really need. Good though, the ending really brought Smiths run home pretty strong.

Nice to see he's keeping the accent.

That was well done. Very good that they didn't hammer "The Doctor is going to DIE!!!!!!!!!" into the ground.

I'm kind of worn out on Moffat's writing at this stage, tbh, though I appreciated the last ten minutes the most.

Two things:

So, the regeneration the cracks in time gave him - is it just the one, or does he have a whole new cycle of twelve regenerations now?

Realization: the last thing Eleven sees before regeneration is Amy. He regenerates with a Scottish accent.

I want moar Capaldi NOW.

So, the regeneration the cracks in time gave him - is it just the one, or does he have a whole new cycle of twelve regenerations now?

He said it was a new cycle, so in theory we should be good through Doctor Twenty-Four.