The Doctor Who thread

That's the thing. Everyone wants to portray Dinosaurs as giant scary things and they feel that feathers would get in the way of that. Paleontological accuracy be damned!

Ironically, I'm pretty sure people would complain if they saw a feathered T-rex.

Yup. We probably won't get one till well after Jurassic World, though we did get feathered raptors in "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship." But anyway, we're getting off-topic...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This... actually works for me.

You are all wrong! He has never called himself the anything-th Doctor in the show.

If the Doctor was a real person and walked in here, and you said, ‘Which incarnation are you?’ he’d have to think, just as you’d have to think about how many houses you’ve lived in. He never thinks of himself as a numbered Doctor. The Twelfth Doctor means the twelfth actor to have played the lead in Doctor Who. That’s all it means. There is no such character as the Twelfth Doctor and never has been.

To be fair, he did list his incarnations by number in The Time of the Doctor. But in that list, he specifically didn't count the cloned Tenth Doctor or the War Doctor by number; he just said that they counted toward the number of regenerations. I guess, going off Moffat's analogy, if numbered Doctors are like the houses you've lived in, then the War Doctor and alt-Ten are sort of like those weird periods where you're crashing on someone else's couch in-between houses.

So as I've got a day off from the games in Glasgow, I've decided that I'm going to visit the Edinbrugh Fringe festival for a day (It's one of the biggest culture/comedy/arts festivals in the UK and goes on for all of August.) I've managed to get tickets for both of the doctor who shows. The first is called: Crap Time Lord, and the second: I need a Doctor; the whosical.

These can only be good fun!

Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman are both officially signed on for the 2014 Christmas Special, somewhat mitigating the rumors that Capaldi was going to be a one season wonder.

Also, shooting on Series Eight wrapped yesterday after the better part of a year. Today begins the grind of the world tour, followed immediately by shooting on the Special. This is what burns actors out, Moffat/BBC.

Also, shooting on Series Eight wrapped yesterday after the better part of a year. Today begins the grind of the world tour, followed immediately by shooting on the Special. This is what burns actors out, Moffat/BBC.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure they (Capaldi & Coleman) knew what they were getting into when they took on their parts. I'm not saying it's ideal, but given the fact that this is a heavyweight BBC show, which the corporation is going to market the fuck out of, it does pretty much come with the territory at this stage.

And whilst I note Moffat got namechecked, this has been an issue since the series came back. Ecclestone as much as said at the time how much shooting he had to do for one series, so he got off relatively lightly given his short tenure in the role. And as for Tennant, you can see how much 5 years in the role took out of him, as well as Smith, albeit to a lesser extent. I don't think either showrunner can be blamed here - I think it's very much the BBC getting as much mileage out of the show as possible.