The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robots is my favorite episode of series thus far. It was just so much fun and I'm really liking the Clara-Doctor dynamic they've got going, last episode I thought the Doctor was too mean. I mean not like he was degrading Clara or anything but was almost being mean just to be mean. Here they've got that friend dynamic which reminds me a bit of Ten and Donna. Clara rocked too in this one too. The supporting cast was excellent and I don't know about everyone else but I loved the robots.

The revisiting of themes or ideas from previous Doctor episodes has to be on purpose. Maybe this Misty is responsible. Also we now have three times where the Doctor is working on equations which I really like. How do people think this ties into the meta arc for the season?

To be honest though I did find the inclusion of the Promised Land subplot to have made the overarching storyline a bit incessant and relentless. I thought of how Dan and Mike discussed Bad Wolf or Torchwood in BOTI and how those plot threads were constantly referenced with little subtlety, and I'm seeing similar things in this season thus far.

To be honest though I did find the inclusion of the Promised Land subplot to have made the overarching storyline a bit incessant and relentless. I thought of how Dan and Mike discussed Bad Wolf or Torchwood in BOTI and how those plot threads were constantly referenced with little subtlety, and I'm seeing similar things in this season thus far.

The only thing I'll say in it's favour is at least this running thread, is actually integrated into the plots, and the Doctor is aware of it from early on. Previous threads like Bad Wolf and Torchwood were so unsubtlely included, that it often felt shoehorned in, and yet the Doctor was unaware of it.

I agree but there's been some good more subtle stuff too. Mainly that Doctor doing equations, that's three episodes he's been at it so it has to tie in somehow I think.