https://youtu.be/0csVdLbDMO4

love this shot, under the spoiler cut.

daleks_zpsjifmannj.jpg

So that's -

New Series Daleks,

the Dalek Supreme from Stolen Earth,

60's Daleks (the blue balled ones),

a 60's style supreme dalek with the black head,

i think that's an 80's (Resurrection) Dalek at the left there (black dalek, black balls),

and hiding at the back...The Special Weapons Dalek

hopefully unlike Asylum of the Daleks, we'll get to see plenty of different daleks in action in the episode

I was helping a neighbour take down some ivy that had grown over our shared wall and it turns out she was in the first Doctor story Reign of Terror as Danielle and was as a smaller part in a Jon Pertwee story. Her name is Carolyn Hunt.

I'm much less likely to poison her dog for barking at night now.

• 2 weeks later...

^First, I've always loved Homer's extreme display of short term memory when he says "Now kids I know you love the old Poochie", and you cut to a worried Bart and Lisa. That bit is on par with "My Planet Needs Me".

Second, I'm hoping that like with Tennant her relationship with the Doctor is completely different. Capaldi's Doctor has been shown to be classically asexual, so even though he as Smith married her, I think it'd be very interesting to see a whole new dynamic, and one she's not ready for. Even with Tennant she got him to trust her.

What I would very much like to see is River having no idea that Twelve is the Doctor, until he tells her. I want her to have the firm belief that the Doctor DID die at Trenzalore.

But really, I just want something to wipe that smug, know-it-all little smile off her face for once.

You know, I actually think this is quite nice - it's been a while since we last saw her, and that in itself was a little while after being hit over the head with her in Series 6. Plus, if Clara isn't there (I mean, she's not mentioned in the press release) then River would be a good known character to use as a one-off for Christmas before introducing someone new at the start of the next season.

PURE SPECULATION: Could the Christmas special be Moffat's swansong??

The Mirror is saying that Jenna Coleman has left the series.

This is, of course, normally the place where I say "consider the source" and "grain of salt" and all that. However, in terms of the calendar, she is one of the longest-serving companions of all time (Jamie, Sarah, and Tegan are the only ones who outlasted her), and I'd frankly be shocked if she was staying much longer.

I've never been overly fond of her so I'm OK with this. I just hope it's not milked for all its worth...  

In more interesting news a couple of mates picked up on the line "Take care of the universe for me, I've put a lot of work into it" in this Prologue. Seems to be a cheeky nod to 'The Curse of the Fatal Death' Comic Relief special where that line is said by Hugh Grant's regeneration - who at time of airing would have been the 12th Doctor. Noice.