Ben Weldon

The Doctor Who thread

I used to hope it would be Mark Gatiss, but I think the ideal would be someone able to look at the show with a completely fresh set of eyes.

It's for the best. Interest has been fading for a while now, and a break would do it good. Wish that it would've been someone with less or no Doctor Who credits, but I'm hoping he'll do well.

He's... an interesting choice? I dunno. Broadchurch was a great series and all but his Who work has been less than stellar. Sure, he did Dinosaurs on a Spaceship but he also did The Power of Three. For that matter, over on Torchwood, he wrote the Cyberwoman episode which still makes me roll my eyes at the very mention of it.

While his Doctor Who and Torchwood work has been so-so at best, he did write Episode 7 of Life on Mars. He'll also have two years to get his scripts in order.

Pretty surprised, but I really like the fact that the show is taking a break. The Capaldi era, while I really like it, has been clipping along pretty fast, so extending it by drawing out a year could be good to scrounge up excitement again.

To honest, it was time for some new blood in charge. But It doesn't matter to me one way or the other who comes in. It's Doctor Who. I will watch it no matter what.

I'm not linking to it because why would I, but both the Daily Mail and the Mirror are reporting that Series Ten will be Capaldi's last. While, yes, grain of salt, at least until either the Radio Times or the BBC itself weigh in, it also does make sense based on things Capaldi himself has said recently.

I will admit to damn near cheering when she died. Which makes her the second companion to get that reaction in 50 years. And then they brought her back, gave her a TARDIS, near-immortality and a companion. And for the first time, I hated Stephen Moffat. For the first time, I actually considered not watching Doctor Who until Moffat left.

Edited by JasonC