• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In terms of the character, he was pure comic relief in a Christmas special, and not really anything like a three-dimensional character. I have to assume they'll give him a lot more to work with if he's going to join the crew. A UK-type person would probably be better able to address his ubiquity, as he's fairly well-known there, but I'm already hearing a certain amount of Catherine Tate/James Corden "Christ, not more of this guy, he's in fucking everything and he's just going to do his 'only gay in the village' schtick over and over".

Chances are you have actually seen him in something, Mike. He's been getting work on this side of the pond as well for a few years now.

ETA: the stories seem to be rolling back the "joining the crew" angle. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a couple of weeks of speculation, it's been confirmed that the BBC are releasing an animated version of Patrick Troughton's first story, The Power of the Daleks,on the 50th anniversary of its broadcast, 5 November 2016.  No idea if this would pave the way for further animations, but this has obviously got strong draws being a Dalek story and a Doctor's first story.  Link to the BBC story below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37285820

The Aztecs, please!

:huh:

The Aztecs is complete and already available on DVD.

However, this is awesome. I've been given to understand that sales of animated reconstructions have not been very good, which is why there have been fewer of them and why The Underwater Menace was delayed for so long. The fact that Power is A) historically important, and also B) very very good leads me to hope that it will perform well enough that they'll try more. Daleks Masterplan, Marco Polo, Myth Makers... oh, man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...