Ben Weldon

The Doctor Who thread

It's just a lot of middle-aged dudes stomping their feet and declaring Chibnall has ruined their childhoods and Jodie is the worst ever.

Ah, so the usual crying of angry men.

I keep hearing that this retcon slotted Peter Cushing's "Dr. Who" into canon. Did it? What did I miss?

7 hours ago, The Master said:

Ah, so the usual crying of angry men.

I keep hearing that this retcon slotted Peter Cushing's "Dr. Who" into canon. Did it? What did I miss?

I've not heard anything about Cushing, but

the pre-Hartnell incarnations from

Brain of Morbius are canon now.

If this is true, there's gonna be a L000T of 'splainin' to do on Chibnall's part. Pretty much the entire Moffat era did everything it could to get away from what might've been presumed as a Cartmel's type of origin.

Spoiler

What about Clara saying she saw all of The Doctor's regens, falling onto Matt Smith as the 11th?

How come the timelords granted the Doctor a new regen cycle if she's already immortal?

Clara: She could only see what The Doctor knew at that point, including subconsciously. Hence, The War Doctor's cameo.

Time Lords: At the time, it was a ruse to gaslight The Doctor about his truth.

I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Best splicing of two species since 'Daleks in Manhattan'. 

Hopefully we'll see more of Doctor Ruth in the future, and finally get an explanation about her placement in the regeneration cycle. Because her TARDIS is a police box, she cannot predate Hartnell. Best guess, she slots between Troughton and Pertwee, potentially making Season 6B canon.

I'm not set against this retcon at all but I want answers like Jameson wants pictures of Spider-Man.