The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And a lack of competition..... :*

I'll have you know theirs Robert Burns and that guy who's on Coronation Street!!

Oh and some other guys....

5 lessons we hope RTD learned from his past Dr Who epics.

Hell, if Scotland can claim four men greater than David Tenant they probably should seek independence like the SNP want, its not like they need anything from us.

Well, I can't speak for other Scots, but I want your kettle!

Not a huge surprise, but at least it's official:

The BBC Press Office has confirmed the scheduling of The End of Time, the two-part final adventure for David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor. Part one will be shown from 6pm to 7pm on Christmas Day, Friday the 25th of December. Part two follows from 6.40-7.55pm the following Friday, 1st January 2010 - New Year's Day.

I've attached a pic featuring a blue variation on the Doctor's new costume, as well as showing

Arthur Darvill as new semi-regular character Rory. Whether or not Rory is to be another companion remains to be seen.

I wouldn't mind the Doctor having a second companion in the new series. We haven't had that yet since the revival outside of Captain Jack and Mickey and both times it lasted so shortly it felt like glorified guest spots.

and even more...this is part of another trailer...quite a few new scenes, including

what looks like the master being reborn, and a strange shot of him at a computer wearing a leather collar (it kinda looks like a belt)

it's posted on the BBC's youtube channel...can't see it anywhere else yet.

BBC America found good medicine with "Doctor Who" Saturday night.

Cabler scored the biggest numbers in its history with "Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars." Special delivered 1.1 million viewers (over three airings) and set a record in the 25-54 demo with 663,000 viewers.

The Waters of Mars" is the first of three "Doctor Who" specials to air. The remaining two -- "The End of Time: Part One" and "The End of Time: Part Two" -- will run Dec. 26 and Jan. 2, a day following their U.K. premieres.

BBC America has plans for a new "Doctor Who" series in 2010. It stars Matt Smith as the 11th incarnation of the lead character; Steven Moffat is the writer and exec producer.

Doctor Who" has been a BBC staple on and off since late 1963. Because the Doctor can shape-shift, several actors have played him, most recently David Tennant.

Guess who forgot to watch it. Yep, this guy right here.