The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dalton. Time Lord. Why is everyone complaining here? I thought the episode went some interesting ways, and yes the Master fell sideways into a doomsday plot and hijacked it but not every plan needs to be evident from the birth of stars until the end of days.

Screw it, I liked this.

Dancing Master, that's all I liked.

It was alright. The performances were good but it's not something I'd watch again.

Exactly how I felt about it.

Planet of the Dead

- "Humans on buses, always blaming me." :lol:

- I was tired of crazy psychic lady about 10 minutes in.

- Oh fuck you. Christina was awesome until the kiss. Is there some sort of contractual mandate for female companions?

- Fuck that ending while we're at it.

Not off to a good start.

The Waters of Mars

I thought this was awesome, actually. Cool monster designs and some powerful moments. Totally made up for the previous story.

Next up. The End of Time Part 1. Preparing myself for disappointment.

Who are the two woman covering their faces at the end? I'm hoping one is...

... Susan (though I've always thought Donna might be Susan), and the other could be Romana I suppose.

One of them (the one on the right of the screen) is the woman seen tapping her finger in the next time bit (and seems to be some sort of prophet). I think the other one is a man...there's a scene of them from behind and that person has very broad shoulders

here's a screencap under the spoiler

drwhoeotend2.jpg

There's a lot of speculation on various forums with some people convinved that

the person has the same hairstyle as either Matt Smith, or Paul McGann lol...I've no idea though..could be anyone

The End of Time Part 1

What the hell? I was ready for disappointment but I liked it a lot. There were some flaws for sure; the effects shots were pretty awful and the brief "fight" really did nothing but prove that the writers are completely incapable of a good action scene, but all in all, I had fun. I guess that makes myself and Stavros.

The End of Time Part 1

What the hell? I was ready for disappointment but I liked it a lot. There were some flaws for sure; the effects shots were pretty awful and the brief "fight" really did nothing but prove that the writers are completely incapable of a good action scene, but all in all, I had fun. I guess that makes myself and Stavros.

Make that three. I thought there were some moments of good suspense. I really liked Ten's explanation of regeneration where he says it really is more like dieing than previously seen. It works, especially considering what he does in Journey's End with his severed hand. The scene with the Ood was kinda pointless outside of getting an explanation about why Queen Elizabeth considered the Doctor her mortal enemy. Overall, I don't consider it as bad as 42 or Daleks in Manhattan. It's mostly average and I'm going to reserve judgment until part 2.

Wow, I'm actually quite sad that some of you guys really didn't like it. I thought it was rather marvellous myself! That Davies is such a clever clever man - I don't think anyone could have predicted what was going to happen in the last 5 minutes. It's insane, baffling, barmy and brilliant. Friday can't come quickly enough for me.

I really hope y'all like part 2 better!

Rich

Wow, I'm actually quite sad that some of you guys really didn't like it. I thought it was rather marvellous myself! That Davies is such a clever clever man - I don't think anyone could have predicted what was going to happen in the last 5 minutes. It's insane, baffling, barmy and brilliant. Friday can't come quickly enough for me.

I really hope y'all like part 2 better!

Rich

No need to cheerlead, young Paterson!

I really like John Simm's Master so maybe I'm just disappointed about

how he first gains superpowers and then becomes everyone in the world.

I can't disagree with you about the ending though - that was pretty damn awesome. I just wish the stuff beforehand had been better.

he is in it, it's been confirmed at other places...hang on i'll see if i can find it.

yeah, here's an interview with him

(dealing with Being Human).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/interviews/a191004/russell-tovey-being-human.html

You've been confirmed as being on the cast list for the second Doctor Who Christmas special, airing on New Year's Day. How big a role do you play?

"It's the same character that I played before and he pops in."

I still think the River thing would be a contradiction if they went back to it.

How so?

For the story to work, she'd have to meet him as the 10th Doctor. She recognizes him as such and has to go through her journal to see what point in time he's at. She wouldn't have to do this if they'd met while he was in the body of the 11th, and she wouldn't instantly know who he was. If she shows up in an 11th Doctor story, then the whole thing becomes one giant paradox.