The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it a good time to say, that I hated Torchwood?

Did you watch just the first series or did you also watch Series 2 as well as Children of Earth?

Just the first series, it was so bloody awful, and so much stupid "Sexy action!" like the alien who has sex with people then absorbs them, I just didn't enjoy the show. I've heard it gets better, but I just couldn't enjoy it.

Is it a good time to say that I hated Torchwood?

Did you watch just the first series or did you also watch Series 2 as well as Children of Earth?

Just the first series, it was so bloody awful, and so much stupid "Sexy action!" like the alien who has sex with people then absorbs them, I just didn't enjoy the show. I've heard it gets better, but I just couldn't enjoy it.

Push yourself to watch Series 2. The show is a lot more character oriented and there's less of an emphasis on the "Sexy Action!" The romance alone between Ianto and Jack is one of the contributing factors of awesome. You won't regret trying out series 2.

Is it a good time to say, that I hated Torchwood?

I didn't hate TORCHWOOD but it simply bored me to no end. At least until CHILDREN OF EARTH. If the rest of the series had been as outstanding as CHILDREN OF EARTH I'd have watched it more.

This. I just couldn't get into Torchwood at all, but Children of Earth was made of awesome.

I am relatively new to Who fandom, I don't own any on dvd (those dvd's are expensive) But let's just say the internet fairy is kind to me. Tennant was my first doctor and I was saddened by his departure. I am however, looking forward to Matt Smith. Everybody's laughing about the "Nose? I've had worse" comment and how the actors take the piss out of themselves after regeneration. What doctor's honker (the worst) do y'all think Smith was talking about? Just wondering which doctor you think he was paying tribute to.

Pertwee had quite a schnoz.

yes, it's well known that Pertwee didn't like to be filmed in low angle shots, because he didn't like how big his nose and nostrils were (which is why Terrance Dicks, script editor for the whole of Pertwee's era, put in a joke in Tom Baker's first story where the Doctor comments that "the nose is a definite improvement").

Before Doctor Ten enters the TARDIS for the final time, Ood Sigma says, "This song is ending, but the story never ends." Do you think that was Russell T. Davies' subtle way of erasing the 13 lives rule? What I mean is, the Ood can see the future, so having one of them say something will "never end" should carry some significance.

Before Doctor Ten enters the TARDIS for the final time, Ood Sigma says, "This song is ending, but the story never ends." Do you think that was Russell T. Davies' subtle way of erasing the 13 lives rule? What I mean is, the Ood can see the future, so having one of them say something will "never end" should carry some significance.

I think you're reading too much into it.