The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, when it comes down to it if the show is still popular by the time the 13th doctor wants to pack it in is there realistically any chance that they'll end it? Come on. Time Lords receiving new sets of lives is not a concept without precedent in the series. The only way this show dies is if the BBC doesn't see it as being popular enough to justify the expense of making it, and that's a long way off. Even then Big Finish audio will continue. The Ood saying the story will never end is as redundant as saying the Star Wars expanded universe will never end, of course it bloody won't. It would take a major population decimation and the removal of basic tools of life to prevent Doctor Who continuing in some form.

What I'm looking forward to, two regenerations down the line, is a Doctor that knows this is his last chance, tries to be a little more sane, but is also trying to live like this is his last day. Then he dies, regeneration starts, suprised out of his gourd and Fourteen's first words are, "Well, didn't see that one, did I?"

What I'm looking forward to, two regenerations down the line, is a Doctor that knows this is his last chance, tries to be a little more sane, but is also trying to live like this is his last day. Then he dies, regeneration starts, suprised out of his gourd and Fourteen's first words are, "Well, didn't see that one, did I?"

It would be untold levels of awesome if he found out he was a ginger :rolleyes:

There's been a small amount of moaning over it, yeah. (There was considerably more backlash over Timothy Dalton's spitting.) But by and large it hasn't been too bad.

Some burning debris flew into his mouth and he just spit it out and carried on acting; I think most fans got over that.

'Cause spitting is gross, I guess. I don't know.

I guarantee you that if you pick any aspect to the show, no matter how minute, some fan out there is bloated with rage about it.

I THINK ITS COMPLETELY DISGRACEFUL THAT THEY DID THIS! TWO HEARTS? COLOUR? I'M NEVER WATCHING DOCOTR WHO AGAIN IN PROTEST! :madgo:

The tenth doctor figure looks rather feminine... It's looks like he is wearing makeup in my opinion, hopefully he will get a figure of a better likeness when/if he portrays...

tennantriddler.jpg

... Wishful thinking... :rolleyes:

To be honest, I think the figures, except maybe Matt Smith, look shit.

I agree, the only figures I have are The Doctor, the Ood, a Dalek, and a Cyberman. The sonic screwdriver replica is kinda cool though, my local shop has one for $30, so I might pick one up.

I re-watched "Blink,""Partners in Crime," and "Midnight" last night. "Blink" is still as brilliant as ever, in Moffat I trust. Interested to see what the Weeping Angels will be up to in the next season. "Partners in Crime" is one of my favorite episodes from the new series. It's goofy, but it's goofy that is actually executed well. The conversation between Donna and Wilf is great, as is the bit where The Doctor and Donna notice each other on opposite ends of the office. "Midnight" is another favorite, as I'm a sucker for stories where people are trapped together and try to retain their sanity. The question The Doctor asks before they're rescued is a great line, and it shows that despite a few missteps, Davies is a good writer.

Davies is a good writer. If you read The Writer's Tale (which I heartily recommend), you'll see just how hard he works and how seriously he takes this show. It also shows that when writing Doctor Who, he likes to skip over plot points and things to get to character moments and lines he has in his head, which I find extremely frustrating. But he's definitely one of the best writers working in television, and while I can understand the people who don't care for his style and want to see Moffat in the chair (and I couldn't be more excited to see what Moffat brings), the lack of respect for RTD in certain circles of fandom seriously pisses me off.

Oh don't get me wrong. I like Davies as a writer and am on your side when it comes to the hate he gets. He steered the course of the Who ship for five years and it's been a fantastic show. I can only think of a handful of episodes he wrote that I really dislike. My only real problem with his writing is his ability to craft these briliant, exciting part one season finales to the point that part two has to be solved by a deus ex machina.

I just finished re-watching "School Reunion," and I noticed something for the first time. After Mickey asks to join the TARDIS, Rose rolls her eyes. Okay, that I've always seen. What I didn't see until now is that she also mouthes "no" to The Doctor.

You already know what I'm going to say here, so I'll just nod silently.

Loving the Big Finish 8th Doctor stuff. Just coming up to the end of season 2 looking forward to season 3. It totally redeems McGann after the movie, he's one of the classic Doctors now.

I wonder, has it ever been confirmed that Ecclestone followed directly on from McGann? Because it would be a cool twist if there was a unknown incarnation who was actually the 9th Doctor, bumping Tennant and Smith forward one each. It would explain Richard E Grant for one thing, or they could slot in someone else.