The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... who saw this? Aside from the shakey looking bits from the Sarah Jane show I thought this was excellent, really superb, but mostly its going to serve to set up the next and final part. That fucking cliffhanger, I swear its just not fair. I want to know damnit! I NEED to know!

I'm about halfway throught he episode. This is, at heart, total utter fanwank. That said?

I.

Fucking.

LOVE.

This show.

ETA afterwards: HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THE HELL?!? I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK? THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT?

GOD DAMN YOU, RUSSELL T DAVIES!

I will not be able to make it through the week. Holy jumping Christ on a pogo stick.

So, um... yeah. It's a good cliffhanger.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!1

First, to reiterate what has been said, HOLY SHIT! THAT EPISODE KICKED SEVEN SEPERATE LEVELS OF ASS!

Now then, there's been speculation that

The Doctor's hand in a jar will somehow allow him to regenerate into the same regeneration

, but I hope that's not true.

As much as I dig Tennant as The Doctor, in this age of spoilers and leakages, a completely unexpected regeneration would be brilliant.

First, to reiterate what has been said, HOLY SHIT! THAT EPISODE KICKED SEVEN SEPERATE LEVELS OF ASS!

The Doctor's hand in a jar will somehow allow him to regenerate into the same regeneration

As much as I dig Tennant as The Doctor, in this age of spoilers and leakages, a completely unexpected regeneration would be brilliant.

I've heard the same rumor, and I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately I'm inclined to believe it. Partly because I don't believe that they would be able to keep a spoiler like that under wraps, but moreso, I don't believe the BBC would WANT that not to get out.

1)

New Doctor = HUGE publicity.

2)

Tennant has already been seen filming the Chrsitmas special.

3)

He's apparently been offered 1.3 million pounds to stay for the full season 5, in the face of rumors he was thinking of leaving then.

Tennant has progressively got better and better as the Dr since he started so I don't mind him sticking around, its just that if we arn't getting a new Dr then the cliffhanger from this weeks episode is a bullshit tease.

What I really want is to see Tennant & Eccleston cross over, its a Who tradition to do that kind of thing and the 9th incarnation was active for years before he even met Rose.

I've heard the same rumor, and I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately I'm inclined to believe it. Partly because I don't believe that they would be able to keep a spoiler like that under wraps, but moreso, I don't believe the BBC would WANT that not to get out.

1)

2)

3)

He's apparently been offered 1.3 million pounds to stay for the full season 5, in the face of rumors he was thinking of leaving then.

Whichever way it resolves, the week wait to find out will be torture. And I read on the BBC website that the finale will be extended. 65 minutes of Who, baby!

Tennant has progressively got better and better as the Dr since he started so I don't mind him sticking around, its just that if we arn't getting a new Dr then the cliffhanger from this weeks episode is a bullshit tease.

What I really want is to see Tennant & Eccleston cross over, its a Who tradition to do that kind of thing and the 9th incarnation was active for years before he even met Rose.

YES! We need another "The Two Doctors" special. Fingers crossed that's one of the specials next year.

1)

2)

3)

Whichever way it resolves, the week wait to find out will be torture. And I read on the BBC website that the finale will be extended. 65 minutes of Who, baby!

[glass half empty]

Which means, of course, that when it airs on Sci Fi, a whopping TWENTY MINUTES OF CONTENT will get cut to make room for ads.

[/glass half empty]

Too many thoughts after just watching the show, although my main one seems to have popped up elsewhere. When Donna was sitting on the stairs staring to nowhere there seemed to be a familiar ring on her finger as she just so happened to hear the sound of drums, naa cant be

Also, nice touch, the Mr Copper Foundation is the guy that was left to roam Earth after the Titanic episode

The 'threefold man coming' line hopefully leads to two returns for the specials next year maybe?

The guy I really want to be a Doctor at some point narrated the Dr Who Confidential episode that came with last weeks show. That man of course is Antony Head. Does he always narrate those or is this a subtle clue? Quick IMDB check...no he always does it. Damn. Plus of course he's already been a villian of the week on the show. Damn!

The guy I really want to be a Doctor at some point narrated the Dr Who Confidential episode that came with last weeks show. That man of course is Antony Head. Does he always narrate those or is this a subtle clue? Quick IMDB check...no he always does it. Damn. Plus of course he's already been a villian of the week on the show. Damn!
Never give up hope. Colin Baker shot Peter Davison, remember. :laugh:

Never give up hope. Colin Baker shot Peter Davison, remember. :laugh:

Yeah, but that was because Peter Davison owed him money. I did like the idea that the Doctor took on the form of somebody he had recently encountered, especially if that person had died. They should use that again.

My wish is that somehow 10th's regeneration causes the hand to resurrect the 9th, giving us two Doctors to battle the threat. At the end of the story, 9th can "die" again, leaving 10th to continue onward.

the 9th incarnation was active for years before he even met Rose.

Has that been confirmed? Some of his dialog in "Rose" made it seem like he had just regenerated.

My wish is that somehow 10th's regeneration causes the hand to resurrect the 9th, giving us two Doctors to battle the threat. At the end of the story, 9th can "die" again, leaving 10th to continue onward.

Seriously, don't highlight if you don't want to know:

Rumor is something along those lines is exactly what happens, except that it's two 10ths and possibly another earlier Doctor: During that night's Confidential, Sylvester McCoy gave an interview, on set, wearing a VERY 7th Doctor-ish costume.

the 9th incarnation was active for years before he even met Rose.

Has that been confirmed? Some of his dialog in "Rose" made it seem like he had just regenerated.

That was always my reading as well. However, speculation is that during the bit at the end of Rose, when he disappears only to reappear a few seconds later, during that time, he could have been gone for years, and that all kinds of stories could be set then.

That was always my reading as well. However, speculation is that during the bit at the end of Rose, when he disappears only to reappear a few seconds later, during that time, he could have been gone for years, and that all kinds of stories could be set then.

Stavros said Doc Nine "was active for years before he even met Rose." Though he might have had many adventures in those "few seconds" at the end of "Rose," I still believe "Rose" was 9th's first adventure.

Stavros said Doc Nine "was active for years before he even met Rose." Though he might have had many adventures in those "few seconds" at the end of "Rose," I still believe "Rose" was 9th's first adventure.

I'll have to rewatch to be sure, but I'm pretty certain you're correct.

But during "Rose" the whole deal is that she's using people who follow the Doctor to find him, and his face pops up in loads of places throughout history. If "Rose" was his first adventure and she was with him the whole time he was in that form then her face would be cropping up as well but it doesn't. He might have only had that body for a few months so it might be relativly new but he's still been to a lot of places and done a lot of things in that time.

In turn, he could have gone on all those adventures in the few seconds he was gone at the end of the episode.

It doesn't really hold up that he would have regenerated, travelled for a few months, and only passed by a reflective surface for the first time to survey the damage once he showed up at Rose's flat.

Man. Ten minutes into the first episode and already RTD's given us our first plothole. :happy:

I kind of hate that I know this...

The closest that's ever come to happening is when Eccelston was standing a few feet behind himself in "Father's Day." There's something called the "Blinovitch Limitation Effect" which essentially says that if anyone ever meets himself, a huge hole can be ripped in the time-space continuum (as evidenced when the Brigadier met himself in "Mawdryn Undead"). Time Lords can play with it a little, which is why separate aspects can meet for limited amounts of time without causing damage, but no oncarnation has ever met the same incarnation.

I'm going to go now and think about how I've spent my life. :blush: