The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the Pandorica was the big foe

The Pandorica is a container for something/someone. Pandorica is a corruption of Pandora, aka Pandora's box, which in Greek Myth contained all the evil in the world. The risk is not in the Pandorica itself, but who or what it contains. Someone threatening enough that they needed to be imprisoned in this manner, and their potential release draw forth legions of monsters and villains.

As much as I loathe James Corden with the passion of a thousand suns, I liked The Lodger. I think it's a very British episode in its own way with regards to modern lifestyle, ambitions & sunday league football, but again, what's not to like about Doctor 11 at this point?

No idea what to expect about the finale, but the idea of

a Pandora's Box with all of the Doctor's foes is somewhat awesome as a prospect.

As much as I loathe James Corden with the passion of a thousand suns, I liked The Lodger. I think it's a very British episode in its own way with regards to modern lifestyle, ambitions & sunday league football, but again, what's not to like about Doctor 11 at this point?

No idea what to expect about the finale, but the idea of

a Pandora's Box with all of the Doctor's foes is somewhat awesome as a prospect.

Well, there's been some leakage online of some production art from the series whcih seems to show what's inside the Pandorica. I won't say any more or link to it (you can find it if you want it :D), but it's what i'd guessed it would be.

Here's an exciting clip from the next episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjahEjftJvY

so that's Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Terileptils, Slitheen, Chelonians, Nestene, Drahvin, Sycorax, Haemogoth , Zygon, Atraxi, Draconians. We've never seen Chelonians onscreen, and I don't recall Heamogoth's. But Drahvins?? (The Female race from Galaxy 4), I'd love to see Terileptils and Zygons again.

Bit of a random question but when River was talking to the large blue guy at the beginning of the episode and they brought in a box mentioning it could have been brought in without the wrist, were they hinting at a certain someone? I doubt that person will appear in the finale but dont really want to mention them by name incase its a spoiler lol

Bit of a random question but when River was talking to the large blue guy at the beginning of the episode and they brought in a box mentioning it could have been brought in without the wrist, were they hinting at a certain someone? I doubt that person will appear in the finale but dont really want to mention them by name incase its a spoiler lol

There are lots of time agents, the device isn't unique.

Although it would be funny to see Jack getting his hand cut off instead of carrying the Doctors.

Great episode, epic in scope but lacked the show's former cheesiness. Dead excited for next week.

That was in-fucking-credible. Moffat's been doing solid work this season, but this is easily one of the best episodes he's written for Doctor Who. Hell, this is the best first part to a season finale in the new series. It brought everything from this season together, there were great twists, and the emotional moments really hit. Absolutely brilliant.

My guess is that it's either:

Omega or a future version of The Doctor. It could still be 11, but from further in his own timeline.

And I think River said that because she couldn't stop the TARDIS from exploding. As for where it was, maybe below Stonehenge, thus transmitting the cracks?

I've got various theories floating about in my head about Saturday's episode:

1. There was no time gap between him coming back for Amy in the first episode. Amy as we know her is actually a plant, by the alliance, to lure her into a trap.

2. This is a dream, or something set up by the Dream Lord.

3. The universe-destroying Doctor is actually a future Doc (maybe one of the final incarnations, or possibly Ten or his clone or something of the like).

4. The Master?

5. ????????

6. PROFIT.

Either way, WOW. Just, wow.

Rewatching the Eleventh Hour when young Amy runs outside to wait for the doctor there is someone running around her house and it is not Prisoner Zero, and remembering that out of place scene with Amy and the Doctor in the Weeping Angel episode my guess is the doctor is going to be doing some jumping around through the season maybe using the cracks

I just re-watched the scene from "Flesh and Stone" where The Doctor (with his coat on) comes back to talk to Amy, and I noticed something interesting: he tells her she has to remember what he told her when she was seven. Considering that she forgot Rory, and some of the events of "The Pandorica Opens," the dialog can't be a coincidence.