• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well.

Doctor Who was rather good this week.

yep...really enjoyed that. In fact I enjoyed it more than i enjoyed any other series finale. Will have to rewatch it before i make more coherant thoughts, but anyone waiting for the internet fairy...you're in for a treat I think.

That was not what I was expecting but it was so much better than anything I was guessing at.

I really liked that the

Tardis was likened to the old wedding tradition of something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.

Brilliant.

That, in particular, was superb.

Loved it, probably the best season finale in the new series. Great moments from beginning to end, especially the end of the "teaser" and the brilliant moment that has already been commented about. The season as a whole was wrapped up nicely and what we can expect from next season gets hinted about. I think Season 4 is still my favorite, but this one is a very, very close second.

Aware I'm alone in this, but this might have been my least favourite series/season of the revived show.

I liked the Beast Below, Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, and Amy's Choice. The rest I could really do without.

I don't know if it was Matt Smith or what. Everything just felt "off" to me.

Interested in some of the stuff they teased that's upcoming though.

I heavily enjoyed the ending, especially since we still have no clue as to what the great secret of the season was and it's teasing that we might get the River Song origin story next series. One thing of note that I noticed: At about the 25 minute mark, in the museum, after the TARDIS crew comes down the stairs from the roof, there's a stone bust in the background that moves. Might just be an easter egg or something but the moving statue intrigues me to no end.

Edited to add: Or it's the perspective fucking with me. Never mind, no moving statues.

Edited by dc20willsave

A few unsolved plot points, though at least two of those promise to be solved either with the Christmas special or the next season, otherwise, I heartily approve.

Also, DEAR GOD RIVER SONG I LOVE YOU.

RECORDS INDICATE YOU ARE A COMPANION OF THE DOCTOR. YOU WILL SHOW MERCY.

*smirk* I'm River Song. Check your records again.

MERCY.

Say it again?

MERCY?

One more time.

MERCYYYYYYY-

Where's the Dalek?

It died.

A few unsolved plot points, though at least two of those promise to be solved either with the Christmas special or the next season, otherwise, I heartily approve.

I like that not everything got wrapped up with a little bow. It feels like we have an overarching storyline here, that Doctor Who is developing a myth arc. This is not Davies, we don't have a mad scramble to make sure everything from the season gets tied up. That was what I was scared of going in: that the Big Bad would show up with no explanation and feel shoehorned into everything going on.