The Doctor Who thread

Just found out that Roger Delgado's full name is Roger Caesar Marius Bernard de Delgado Torres Castillo Roberto. Just when you thought he couldn't get more awesome.

Currently DLing the Caves of Androzani, another story I vaguely remember from my childhood. Even if they aren't presenting a huge range of what's available iTunes is actually doing a lot to pique my interest in non-main villain Who.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the complete DVD and Blu-ray release of Steven Moffat’s very own first, triumphant series of Dr. Who hit shelves later this year, they’ll come with a very seductive extra: as well as the episodes, commentaries and Dr. Who Confidential shows there’s going to be two new bridging sequences.

Called Meanwhile, in the TARDIS… these have been written by Moffat himself. Hero Complex says they are “newly filmed” but I don’t know what that means exactly. Have they been shot just now, while everybody has reconvened for the Christmas special?

They’ve yet to be submitted to the BBFC, so I’ve no idea how long they will last. Not very, I suspect. Anything will help, though, to help me make it through to December 25th.

Bleeding Source

Steven Moffat has dropped a few Series 6 hints in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (issue 424, out now).

“You’ve seen more than you think. The Doctor has noticed what you have not,” says Moffat. “And when the biggest jaw-dropping twist finally comes – well, the second one – you’ll realise you’ve known about it from the very beginning…”

Damn you and your teasing ways Moffat! Something to speculate on though.

Moffat also talks a little about the Xmas special, though, once again, he isn’t revealing much as it’s too early.

“We’ve got big ideas and big plans for this special, and it’s quite unlike any Doctor Who Christmas special we’ve done before. All I’m telling you now is that it’ll be 60 minutes long and the Doctor and Mr and Mrs Pond will all be present and correct.”

Source

Vengeance on Varos - This was an okay story. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. It has a darker feel to it than the usual Doctor Who story, which would have been much more effective if it didn't have an alien that looked like a sentient piece of shit. After Ten and Four, the Sixth Doctor is my favorite, and Colin Baker's performance was a highlight of the story (as was Nicola Bryant). There are also a couple of bits in here that might have been homaged in stories from the current series. Overall, an average story worth watching for a darker take on Doctor Who.

P.S. Fuck Sil

Looking back on it now that it's not 2:30 in the morning, it's probably a little better than average. The dark tone and humor aren't completely drowned by the horribleness of Sil. Plus, it's a Sixth Doctor story, so that alone gets it points in my book.

The Tenth Doctor Nathan Fillion

Not since Gorshin has an actor so inhabited the character of The Doctor. Fillion also brings in a hitherto unheard of amount of female fans to the show with his by turns charismatic, witty, and soulful portrayal of The Doctor. Fillion really hit his stride when joined by Felica Day as Dani Noble. The two shared an easy chemistry and the show's ratings soared as they battled, amongst others, Mark Sheppard's Master. After five seasons both Whedon and Fillion decided to call it a day and Bryan Fuller was brought in as show runner. This leads to the casting of...

The Eleventh Doctor Lee Pace

Fuller favourite Pace steps into the TARDIS. Dressed in bow tie, braces and a sense of being uncomfortable in his own skin, Pace brings with him a nervous energy and twinkle. Paired with Anna Friel as Astrid Pond and Neil Patrick Harris as her hapless boyfriend Ray, they usher in a new more fantasy-based era for the show, which sees the return of Teri Hatcher's River Song and a new Master as played by Zachary Quinto.

THIS PLEASE.