The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think my favorite part of "Death of the Doctor" was the updates on some of the former companions.

Ian & Barbara got married and are professors. Harry Sullivan worked on vaccines though he's referred to in the past tense so implications are that he passed on. Ben and Polly are working at an orphanage in India, Ace started a company, and Tegan is an aborigine activist in Asutralia. Also, I liked that Ten's extended goodbye visits extended to all of his companions and that all that just happened off screen.

I just watched the Sarah Jane, Doctor episode with Matt Smith. Did anyone else feel like it was written for Tennant? I didn't feel like it really worked for Smith's inflections and attitude, but it was more for how Tennant played the part.

Also, the music was so loud at points I couldn't make out some of the dialogue.

I think my favorite part of "Death of the Doctor" was the updates on some of the former companions.

Ian & Barbara got married and are professors. Harry Sullivan worked on vaccines though he's referred to in the past tense so implications are that he passed on. Ben and Polly are working at an orphanage in India, Ace started a company, and Tegan is an aborigine activist in Asutralia. Also, I liked that Ten's extended goodbye visits extended to all of his companions and that all that just happened off screen.

Sarah also says that Ian and Barbara are apparently immortal. At least I think thats what she said. A lor of the dialogue was drowned out by the music.

I just realized that The Doctor may have killed the Silurians in Cold Blood. In The Beast Below (as well as The Ark in Space), they establish that Earth got blasted with Solar Flares in the 29th Century. The Silurians are supposed to wake up in about 1000 years aka the 29th century. They either wake up and find they have to evacuate right away or they wake up go upstairs, and find the world charred or they themselves get burnt to a crisp.