The Doctor Who thread

I'm dying for a true multi-Doctor, multi-companion story.

Not to write fan fiction here, but the Doctor's own timeline could get screwed up, resulting in odd combinations: Leela and Colin Baker, Jamie and David Tennant, Captain Jack and Zoe with Sylvester McCoy, Jenny and Peter Davison, Ace and Paul McGann, and Susan with Matt Smith. (I'd love to see Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston return, but somehow I doubt both would do it. Well, maybe Baker.)

I think at this point Baker would do it. He , however, erm, doesn't look like he did in the 70s. Like, at all. (Colin's not exactly looking his best either, altrhugh he's lost a lot of weight in recent years.)

Eccleston, on the other hand, wouldn't go near this thing again.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. I don't know how they'd do a proper multi-Doctor story without him. However, he's made it clear that there's very little love lost for the show on his part, and recently gave an interview where he basically said he ws sick of being asked about it all the tinme. He's done.

We do need a multiple doctors story, they've been teasing it with that last Christmas story and other hints for too long. Unfortunatly Tennant is too close to it all right now and Eccleston as has been said wouldn't so it.

I wouldn't mind McCoy showing up, but I still think McGann is the best bet. The rest, even McCoy really, would show their age too much.

According to Tennant, he swiped a suit when he left so that he'd have it when they called regarding the anniversary. He's defini9tely up for it, and by that point he'll have been out of the role for three or four years. I thin kthat's enough distance.

Again, not to fanfic here, but there's always a way to explain why the older Doctors all got so old. I.e., he's travelling along alternate universes, ones where, say, the Fifth Doctor never contracted spectrox toveimia and regenerated, and is still the Fifth Doctor today. He's aged appropriately. That kiond of thing. Just a thought.

Mad Norwegian Press has just released a book that's not totally dissimilar to BOTI:

Running Through Corridors: Rob and Toby’s Marathon Watch of Doctor Who (Vol. 1: The 60s)

In Running Through Corridors, two Doctor Who lovers of old – Robert Shearman and Toby Hadoke – embark on an epic quest of friendship: spend the “gap year” of 2009 (when Doctor Who consisted of a handful of specials rather than a full season) re-watching the whole of Who two episodes a day, every day, from the show’s start in 1963 and ending with David Tennant’s swan song on New Year’s, 2010.

This three-volume series contains Shearman and Hadoke’s diary of that experience – a grand opus of their wry observations about the show, their desire to see the good in every story, and their chronicle of the real-life changes to Who in that year.

With this book, Who fans will feel that they’re watching along with Shearman (World Fantasy Award winner, Hugo Award nominee and writer on the new Doctor Who) and Hadoke (renowned stage performer for his one-man comedy show, “Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf”) as they make their “grand journey” through the world’s most wonderful and longest-running drama series.

Mad Norwegian Press has just released a book that's not totally dissimilar to BOTI:

Running Through Corridors: Rob and Toby’s Marathon Watch of Doctor Who (Vol. 1: The 60s)

In Running Through Corridors, two Doctor Who lovers of old – Robert Shearman and Toby Hadoke – embark on an epic quest of friendship: spend the “gap year” of 2009 (when Doctor Who consisted of a handful of specials rather than a full season) re-watching the whole of Who two episodes a day, every day, from the show’s start in 1963 and ending with David Tennant’s swan song on New Year’s, 2010.

This three-volume series contains Shearman and Hadoke’s diary of that experience – a grand opus of their wry observations about the show, their desire to see the good in every story, and their chronicle of the real-life changes to Who in that year.

With this book, Who fans will feel that they’re watching along with Shearman (World Fantasy Award winner, Hugo Award nominee and writer on the new Doctor Who) and Hadoke (renowned stage performer for his one-man comedy show, “Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf”) as they make their “grand journey” through the world’s most wonderful and longest-running drama series.

I like the other Who books that this publisher has put out so I might take a look at it.

I like the other Who books that this publisher has put out so I might take a look at it.

Agreed. The About Time series is fucking phenomenal. On top of which, Shearman ("Dalek") and Hadoke are both really well-spoken, funny, knowledgeable fans and I'm sure whatever they've put together is worth reading.