The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay. Like Dan said, pretty obviously a placeholder. Fun, but not anything I'm going to go out of my way to watch again. It did really feel like the lifted certain shots straight from the Pirates trilogy, though.

Yeah, what the hell was with that? Is the entire season going to be a simulation now or something? :/ I can only imagine that it ties into Schrodinger's Womb.

Also, major rant here. Must every non-Doctor companion male in Modern Who be emasculated constantly by their girlfriends?? Rory had some great steps towards being independent, awesome, and generally not whipped by Amy last week. And this week, he's back to being utterly useless and dependent on Amy to save his ass, and a damsel in distress. I'd like to see him do something than be defined by Amy and her kind of not-caringness towards his existence every time the Doctor's around. I mean, Christ, they're supposed to be married, and he's clearly utterly devoted to her, and she's just mostly obsessed with the Doctor.

Must every non-Doctor companion male in Modern Who be emasculated constantly by their girlfriends??

And when did Captain Jack and Wilf get emasculated by their girlfriends/anyone?

My own personal thoughts: Is the TARDIS sick? We've established that it's alive, is that why the Siren took it?

That was pure monster of the week until the last few minutes.

I'm also in the "Rory is the new Mickie" boat, but I've also just accepted that's how he's going to be written, especially when they keep near-fridging him as a plot twist. At least they're killing off the idea of another love triangle.

Amy beating up pirates annoyed me.

The eye-patch/Amy stuff is interesting enough, but these season long mysteries are starting to feel trite.

You know, while the eyepatch lady might be this seasons recurring thing, it might also be the Doctor being fucking irresponsible in wrapping things up. Last week, he turns the human race into murderers. This week, he gives a bunch of 17th century pirates a spaceship which is sure not to come back and bite someone in the ass. Let me guess, eventually we work up to a team-up with The Master and Davros where they just look at each other, look at the Doctor, then say, "Yeah, I don't see any reason to do anything to destroy reality?" "Nope, What could we do?"

That was terrible! It was boring and slow, I couldn't give two shits about the captain and his son, the alien was nothing more than a lame monster-of-the-week, the resolution was nonexistent, The Doctor's leap in logic (RE: "we have to follow" and "just maybe they're still alive") was astoundingly awful, the special effects were cheap, and they "killed" Rory again!

Also, about Amy's pregnancy: she has to be at least five months along. She couldn't be sure she was pregnant until she missed two or three periods, and the start of "Day of the Moon" is three months after she told The Doctor in "The Impossible Astronaut." So she'd be showing. Yeah, it seems to be in some sort of flux, but the fact that she's that far along and not showing should be questioned by Rory -- who twice this season has reminded us that he's a nurse.

We're supposed to assume the girl is her child, but I'm not sold on that.

Also, if she already had the baby, why is The Doctor's scan inconclusive? And it still leaves the question of why Rory doesn't notice her flat belly.

Also, if she already had the baby, why is The Doctor's scan inconclusive? And it still leaves the question of why Rory doesn't notice her flat belly.

Because why should he think it's any different? The Doctor knows about her crazy paradox womb but as far as Rory and Amy know, she only thought she was preggers. We've already established that she doesn't even remember the picture of her with a baby in the nursery. So, I'd say that there's nothing wrong with Rory not noticing a pregnancy that, as far as we can tell, it's completely crazy time-wimey crap.

After a week-end of travelling and dodgy internet issues until last night, I've caught up. This wasn't a great episode - I have an aversion to child actors and the script was pretty damn bad - but it had its moments. I think casting Lily Cole as a siren is a good call given that she's a model who I can never decide an opinion upon: she's either very beautiful or somewhat hideous.