Rambo V Confirmed

It looks like Rambo V has been confirmed and is now in the works. The scheduled release is in 2009. Sylvester Stallone is again, starring, writing and directing. I've heard of two rumored storylines, one is the iriginal storyline Stallone wrote in 2000 and the other is more of a drama of him trying to adapt back in hometown as a normal citizen.

I'm not sure how I feel about another sequel, but as a fan of the series and of Stallone's writing I won't bash it until I see it.

the other is more of a drama of him trying to adapt back in hometown as a normal citizen.

The idea of him mowing his lawn and the mower sending him into bouts of PTSD is too tempting to pass up. Seriously, I like that idea. Unless the government contracts him for one more job.

Him as an urban vigilante would be fucking sweet. and it would fit the character.

I actually like the idea of him trying to be a normal person too. Many members of the military come back from a war or whatever and have to adapt to the civilized world after seeing all the destruction mankind can do. I want to see how Stallone tackles this subject.

Remember in First Blood this was something similar, except he was visiting a War friend. Hopefully Brian Dennehy isn't the sheriff in his hometown, lol.

• 1 year later...

rambov.jpg

it is set in the Pacific Northwest. Back in the general area where we first were introduced to John. It seems that somewhere in that Area there is a U.S. Military installation that is doing experiments on elite soldiers as part of some sort of program where they're attempting to tap into that SAVAGERY that we have deeply embedded into us. The plan is create brilliantly instinctual killer soldiers that have no qualms about taking life. Sly brought up the ancient Immortals, which were cartoonishly glimpsed in 300. In reality, they were children trained from the time they were infants to kill.

Well as happens with Government Experiments to create the perfect killer - it goes exceptionally well... and then exceptionally badly. And Rambo is brought in with a Black Ops squad ("Like in PREDATOR") to hunt, capture or kill this worse than Rambo killer.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42256

• 2 months later...

From Sly himself:

I'm letting you know that Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. RAMBO himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished.

There will be blood.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60866

Sylvester Stallone gave the character perfect closure with RAMBO and he should have left well enough alone and ended the series there.

If he really wants to do something more with the Rambo character why not pick a young actor to play the role and Stallone could write/direct a movie about Rambo during the Vietnam War?

I like that idea. They could focus on his relationship with Delmore, the guy who died of cancer between Vietnam and First Blood, along with how Colonel Trautman became Rambo's father figure.

I've even got the perfect guy to play the young Rambo. None other than Milo Ventimiglia who played Rocky Balboa's son. Stallone picked Ventimiglia himself for that role for his resemblance to Stallone, right down to their both having dead nerves on the left sides of their faces that give them the same crooked mouth and speech pattern. Put him in training, put some muscle on him and you could be looking at a whole new series of Rambo movies.

Though that would be good. I don't see Stallone's ego being able to let him step aside and let someone else portray his role. Saying that, he is a good person to choose in shaping Rambo into who he was at the start of the first movie.

If they're going to do sequels, that's true. But a prequel? He's too old to play the character during 'Nam.