Age of Conan

JackFetch

I thought I'd let everyone know my thoughts on this game since it launched a week ago.

The good:

1. It's for adults. Boobs, blood, and cussing are found all over the place. If you play as a woman, you can actually play topless. You will of course have an armor penalty if you do that though.

2. Fatalities never get old. Grinding is more fun when every once in awhile you can lop off someones head or jam your daggers into their throat. It's random, but it acts as a buff for a short period.

3. It's challenging compared to other MMOs. You die a lot, but that makes it more rewarding when you reach your goal.

4. It's only been a week, but cheaters have already been caught and banned, and the exploits they used patched.

The bad:

1. Everyone starts out in the same place doing the same quests. By your 4th character you just wish you could skip noob island.

2. There are a lot of graphic glitches.

3. I've never seen so many kill stealers and loot ninjas in my life. I hope it calms down later in the game. Everyone is doing the same quests, so everyone is camping the same things.

4. The whole night/day system is stupid. For those that don't know during the day you are running around with other players, and at night it's a single player game.

4. The economy sucks ass. Things like mounts cost way too much. Even your first extra bag you can buy costs 50 copper. I couldn't afford it until level 14, and then found out it was only a 4 slot bag. Most of the higher level players can't even afford to buy the good stuff.

I'll be off noob island soon, and then I'll get into the real meat of the game. I'll update my impressions then.