Episode 40

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick reviews The Forest, the short film A Perfect Place, its soundtrack, BLINDeye, Marvel Comics' Haunt of Horror: Lovecraft #1 and barely touches on Nine Inch Nails' new album, The Slip. There's news galore from Wizard World Philly, announcements a plenty and two voicemails! One of them is very annoying. Tunes include: "Forest King" by 3 Inches of Blood, "Cave" by Muse, three songs by Mike Patton ("Main Theme," "A Perfect Place" and "A Perfect Twist"), "Open Eyes" by Miranda Sex Garden and "Discipline" by Nine Inch Nails. Make sure to get in on the Jack Ketchum Hide and Seek audiobook offer from Horror Mall in honor of our esteemed returning guest on next week's episode. It's pronounced "YO-gurt!" [ 1:29:56 || 41.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_040.mp3

Ha! I appreciate the voicemail Ian but next time you send a 1:38 voicemail, make sure it consists of more than one word. :)

Best of all was his pronunciation of "yogurt."

Ian gets his own segment on DM, called Yogurt Minute. One minute of him saying "Yogurt."

Sorry Dubs, but that will be the best. segment. ever.

You can see why I find this confusing... :happy:

Ha! I appreciate the voicemail Ian but next time you send a 1:38 voicemail, make sure it consists of more than one word. :)

Best of all was his pronunciation of "yogurt."

Ian gets his own segment on DM, called Yogurt Minute. One minute of him saying "Yogurt."

Sorry Dubs, but that will be the best. segment. ever.

You can see why I find this confusing... :happy:

Don't be sad...it wasn't meant to be.

• 3 weeks later...

on the topic of the new NIN, I would have to agree with you that i didn't really enjoy "Year Zero" much at all. "With Teeth" on the other hand, i really enjoyed but it seems that the general consensus would be switched on those 2 releases. I still haven't heard "The Slip" because it hasn't been released yet, but i did enjoy that instrumental release "Ghosts" that they put out earlier this year. In contrast to you though, my favorite NIN album is "Pretty Hate Machine".

You did bring up a point that i think is true of too much music today which is that people don't really put albums out anymore but collections of songs (and what seems like unfinished material at that). It seems like more and more bands just get to the demo process and just say "fuck it, people are just going to download this stuff anyway! let's just release this", and as the great Mike Patton once said "demos are demos for a reason". I find this really irriating and is probably why i buy fewer and fewer albums each year and enjoy even less of them. I guess i can thank the impatient "let's download everything" generation for that.