Batman R.I.P. - SPOILERS

Koete

Hol. E. Shit. The first issue of R.I.P. was a bit iffy, but part 2 blew the door off its hinges.

Thomas Wayne...possibly still alive?

Batman...possibly the Black Glove himself?

Alfred...possibly dead?

So many possibilities and executed so well. The next issue can't come soon enough.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it, but I felt like there was an issue missing or something in the middle. I need to go back and read part 1, but I was slightly... confused.

But, that being said, I enjoyed this. I also enjoyed The Ressurection of Ras Al Ghul and Final Crisis #1, so this is apprently the end of days.

• 1 month later...
Thomas Wayne...possibly still alive?

:doh:

Wouldn't that kill the Batman character? After all, he's not avenging his father's death any more.

Bringing Jason Todd back? OK. I don't agree with it, but I don't hate it either: I can certainly see the potential for future stories and the way he came back does not negate his death. But Thomas Wayne? No way. Batman's parents need to stay dead.

That's why I can't stand all this tie-in bullshit. You have to buy 12 books just to have a clue what's going on. Anyone that simply buys the main Batman issues is lost.

That's why I can't stand all this tie-in bullshit. You have to buy 12 books just to have a clue what's going on. Anyone that simply buys the main Batman issues is lost.

To prove D.W's point all I'm saying is Hello.

Seriously though, the whole you must buy robin or some shit, which is written by someone else, your right, it is total bullshit. What the fuck is going on with this story! I got a headache from reading the first page of a comic, a comic! I was in the shop looking at this and saying"did i get the last issue?"

except that you don't have to do that with Batman RIP. The main story is in the main Batman book, and everything else is just dealing with the fallout of recent events and is not integral to the story at all.

Yeah. There haven't even been any other RIP tie ins released yet. If you can, logically, explain what the fuck is going on in part 3 here, you are a better person than I. There were a ton of things in part 2 not followed up on in part 3, and the story just jumps all over the place. I've been high on DC lately, and I really enjoyed The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul, but this plain sucks.

Yeah. There haven't even been any other RIP tie ins released yet. If you can, logically, explain what the fuck is going on in part 3 here, you are a better person than I.

I get my books from DCBS at the end of the month, so i haven't read the issue yet but when i do i'll be sure to come back to this thread and see if i can make some sense out of it for you. I will say though that if you have been reading Morrison's run from the beginning, it has been long established that this isn't really a linear story and sometimes we are not always seeing things as they are but sometimes through the mind of Bruce Wayne (or the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne for that matter). This is not a comic that is going to hold you hand the whole way through and explain everything for you, it requires work on the part of the reader.

I do know that in the issue we do finally see the Zur-En-Arrh Batman which is from this story

350px-Batman_113.jpg

the story is basically that Batman goes out patrolling one night and is abducted by someone into another planet. The person who abducted him is the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh who has actually been watching Batman from his planet and inspired him to also become a bat as it were. On this planet the regular Batman has the powers of Superman because of the lower gravity, and manages to help the Zur-En-Arrh Batman defeat an alien invasion on his planet using a gadget called the Bat-Radia. Batman is then sent back to planet earth with a souviner

morrisonref0003.jpg

hope that helps lol.

• 1 month later...

I need to ask, were you guys are, has the fourth issue of R.I.P been released?

Cause i went to my local comic shop yesterday to get it and was only able to get Detective comics, which actually came out here after last months issue of Batman!

Is it delayed? Dammit I'm completely lost with this retarded story, but I want to know what happens next!

There's a rumor floating around concerning the Robin solo series. In the wake of Batman RIP, Robin will supposedly be rebooted as Batman & Robin.

While I understand and respect the Batman and Robin mythos, I don't want Tim to lose his solo title. Nor do I want him to become a sidekick again. The only way this will make me happy is if Tim becomes Batman (post-RIP) and Stephanie becomes his Robin. And if that's the case, I wonder if RIP stands for Robin Is Promoted (or something like that).

There's a rumor floating around concerning the Robin solo series. In the wake of Batman RIP, Robin will supposedly be rebooted as Batman & Robin.

While I understand and respect the Batman and Robin mythos, I don't want Tim to lose his solo title. Nor do I want him to become a sidekick again. The only way this will make me happy is if Tim becomes Batman (post-RIP) and Stephanie becomes his Robin. And if that's the case, I wonder if RIP stands for Robin Is Promoted (or something like that).

The rumor I read also said that Jason Todd was going to over Nightwing's comic as Red Robin. So that leads to an obvious conclusion of who ends up as Batman II.