Batman R.I.P. - SPOILERS

Koete

Okay, Gaiman and Kevin Smiths stories are pre-Final Crisis.

Morrison has said Final Crisis is Bruces last time as Batman.

If you've seen the picture for the storyline "battle for the cowl" or whatever it's called it has the following on the cover:

Hush

Catwoman

Jason Todd

Nightwing

Robin

My opinion, Hush and Catwoman are just no. Nightwing has been Batman before (See Batman: Prodigal) and didn't like it. Robin has said many many times he never wants to be Batman. But Jason Todd has recently become very heroic lately, and becoming very likable, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting statement by Neil Gaiman

“What can I tell you about the Batman thing?” Gaiman mused. “It is a two-parter, it’s being written by me, it’s being drawn by Andy Kubert… I’ve seen the first thirteen pages so far, and the artwork is absolutely lovely, making me feel almost guilty for putting word balloons on it. And my favorite bit so far is the conversation between Selina Kyle and Joe Chill.”

Gaiman anticipates the issues will be out in February.

“It’s one of those things where they phoned me up and said, ‘This is what we’d like you to do,’” Gaiman started to say. “It wasn’t even ‘This is what we’d like you to do,’ it was, ‘This is what’s going to be happening with Batman. Would you like to write the last issue of Batman and the last issue of Detective Comics?’ And when they make an offer like that, you say yes.”

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/15/neil-...an-as-we-speak/

I think i've figured out who the black glove is. After hearing what Neil Gaiman recently said, a lightbulb went off in my head and i think the Black Glove is

Joe Chill

It makes perfect sense actually since he appeared in that one issue of this run and we never actually saw him kill himself, and in a sense he is batman's "father"

. Morrison was right, that was right in front of our faces the whole time, and it never even crossed my mind.

I think i've figured out who the black glove is. After hearing what Neil Gaiman recently said, a lightbulb went off in my head and i think the Black Glove is

Joe Chill

It makes perfect sense actually since he appeared in that one issue of this run and we never actually saw him kill himself, and in a sense he is batman's "father"

. Morrison was right, that was right in front of our faces the whole time, and it never even crossed my mind.

Whoa! I think you got it. Nice one.

Joe Chill

Makes sense, but I'll vomit if its true. Worse than making

Sandman retroactively Uncle Ben's killer. Or Jack Napier killing the Waynes. Can't a tragic origin instigator just be a normal dude driven bad?

Joe Chill

Makes sense, but I'll vomit if its true. Worse than making

Sandman retroactively Uncle Ben's killer. Or Jack Napier killing the Waynes. Can't a tragic origin instigator just be a normal dude driven bad?

Why is that bad? He doesn't even know Chill, right? He hasn't found him yet in this reality.

Well, I finally got it.

The second issue of Batman and the outsiders:R.I.P came out, and I got it.

To answer all the questions, yes it sucked, yes the art is shit, yes the story was terrible and yes and Outsider died. So at least they keep that promise, which was nice.

That's the only nice thing I can say about this, don't get it, even if your a big Batman fan and want to get everything that ties into R.I.P this is not worth anything, it's better than the last issue, but it's missing something, a purpose for existing.

Anyway, to save everyone money and time, I'll post in spoilers who the outsider who dies is:

You really want to know who dies, well in a terrible non action scene, the outsiders building blows up because of the black glove. Batman from the last issue was a black glove robot, and sends a virus that blows up the robot. Batgirl gets blamed as she wanted to see what the fake Batman was trying to send. Thunder is the only real victim of the blast and dies in hospital a few days later. Batgirl receives a message from the Black glove saying they not only wanted to destroy Batman but everything he held dear to himself. It was quite shit. And the bane like guy from the Black glove who's meant to be dead, is alive in the video for some reason.

The everyone wakes up and it was all dream about me having to buy two issues of this piece of crap. Oh that wasn't a dream....shit.

Oh and is Batgirl supposed to be an S and M mannequin?

I know

Joe Chill

is the popular opinion, but let's not forget the even more obvious answer. Especially considering Morrison also said that who ever the Black Glove was that the colors red and black would be important.

Miss Jet herself has been practically revealed, let alone the fact that she's a black woman with red hair. I felt stupid for not realizing it sooner.

I know

Joe Chill

is the popular opinion, but let's not forget the even more obvious answer. Especially considering Morrison also said that who ever the Black Glove was that the colors red and black would be important.

Miss Jet herself has been practically revealed, let alone the fact that she's a black woman with red hair. I felt stupid for not realizing it sooner.

I honestly still think it's been

Batman himself

all along.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot wait to pick up the final issue of this arc on thursday(For some reason, my comic shop gets them on a thursday) Cause i really want to see the end of this F-n arc and actually try and work out what the hell was going on.

All UK comics shop release on Thursday. I know, I've been to most of them (Don't care if I'm in Inverness for work, I needs me comics).

All UK comics shop release on Thursday. I know, I've been to most of them (Don't care if I'm in Inverness for work, I needs me comics).

Well, at least i have thursday technically free so I can sit on a bench on buchanan street with a greggs and read the last of the most annoying arcs I've read of batman ever.

Ever been to Glasgow, then you'll know where I'm talking about.

Well, at least i have thursday technically free so I can sit on a bench on buchanan street with a greggs and read the last of the most annoying arcs I've read of batman ever.

We may have sat out on the same bench reading comics, my man.

We may have sat out on the same bench reading comics, my man.

Ugh, I never stop in Glasgow longer than I have to. I've heard its a nice city but I've never seen that bit and I've been there about 9 times.

If you're look to interrupt me reading comics I'm in a blue van parked halfway home on Cumberland Road next to the river in Bristol, chowing down on a Magic Roll.

Ugh, I never stop in Glasgow longer than I have to. I've heard its a nice city but I've never seen that bit and I've been there about 9 times.

Where the hell have you been in Glasgow then?

If you're look to interrupt me reading comics I'm in a blue van parked halfway home on Cumberland Road next to the river in Bristol, chowing down on a Magic Roll.

You mean your Stavros the man with the blue van!?

If you want to interrupt my comic reading I'l be the guy looking like the pic of me but eating a sauage roll from Greggs, then realising it's shit.

If you want to interrupt my comic reading I'l be the guy looking like the pic of me but eating a sauage roll from Greggs, then realising it's shit.

I tend to visit the cheap hotels and garage workshops, so admittedly I'm not getting a guided tour of the hotspots or anything. Still, Edinburgh is way nicer, they've got two comics shops pretty close together there.

I tend to visit the cheap hotels and garage workshops, so admittedly I'm not getting a guided tour of the hotspots or anything. Still, Edinburgh is way nicer, they've got two comics shops pretty close together there.

As dirty as Glasgow can be, Edinburgh is the only city in the world where I have seen a human shit on a bus seat.