Comic Book Villains and who would be good to play them?

Okay well I'm sure this topic has been discussed in some form or another, but I just thought it would be interesting if it got its own forum topic.

Now, Michael Ironside was the first thought in my head which convinced me to start this topic. He would be great to portray a character like Darkseid in a feature film format. He could be as good as he was in the DCAU voicing him. As a live action version, he'd still stand up great.

This isn't a villain, but a quick thought. Dakota Fanning as a young Barbara Gordan. She's a smart young actress and is now old enough to portray a version of Barbara that is still quite few years(therefore quite a few movies)before we see her become Batgirl.

Actress Adrianne Palicki, who played the Evil Siren in "Mercy Reef" and "Fake Kara" in Smallville would be great to play either Supergirl in a new movie, Ursa in a new Superman movie or even Poison Ivy in a new Batman movie(maybe in the third Batman film as Pamela Isely, than in the fourth as Poison Ivy).

I might get gripe on this, because this wrestler isn't much of an actor, but the chracter doesn't need much work if done right. Kevin Nash(Diesel in WWF in the mid-90's), who played "Super Shredder" in TMNT II and "The Russian" in The Punisher(2004) would make a decent Solomun Grundy or Bane in a future Batman film.

Okay here's another one I'll get gripe on, lol. With all the crazy roles Johnny Depp has played I can see him playing The Riddler, similar to how Frank Gorshin played it in Batman(1966)series. Serious with a little comedy.

Okay well I'm sure this topic has been discussed in some form or another, but I just thought it would be interesting if it got its own forum topic.

Seeing your list, I'm sure this will spark a debate.

Now, Michael Ironside was the first thought in my head which convinced me to start this topic. He would be great to portray a character like Darkseid in a feature film format. He could be as good as he was in the DCAU voicing him. As a live action version, he'd still stand up great.

As the voice of Darkside, absolutely. Personally, I don't think a live-action Darkseid would look good. You would almost have to do him CG to do him justice.

This isn't a villain, but a quick thought. Dakota Fanning as a young Barbara Gordan. She's a smart young actress and is now old enough to portray a version of Barbara that is still quite few years(therefore quite a few movies)before we see her become Batgirl.

Um, no. Just no. Dakota Fanning looks like she's an 8-year old, and would not age well to be Barbara. Besides that, Batgirl or Robin wouldn't really fit into the world Nolan established for Batman Begins.

Actress Adrianne Palicki, who played the Evil Siren in "Mercy Reef" and "Fake Kara" in Smallville would be great to play either Supergirl in a new movie, Ursa in a new Superman movie or even Poison Ivy in a new Batman movie(maybe in the third Batman film as Pamela Isely, than in the fourth as Poison Ivy).

I'd have to find some more of her work (I don't watch Friday Night Lights, I'm not watching a fucking Aquaman pilot that the CW wouldn't air, and I'm trying to wipe Smallville from my memory), but at first glance she's far to glamorous to play Supergirl. I'm all for a new SG movie, as long as they erased the first one from continuity but kept Jerry Goldsmith's theme music, but I picture more of an unknown to play her.

I might get gripe on this, because this wrestler isn't much of an actor, but the chracter doesn't need much work if done right. Kevin Nash(Diesel in WWF in the mid-90's), who played "Super Shredder" in TMNT II and "The Russian" in The Punisher(2004) would make a decent Solomun Grundy or Bane in a future Batman film.

Your forgetting his work in "The Devil's Rejects" and "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch". Big Lazy is one of those guys I could imagine being great in a role that requires a lot of snarky dialogue and not a lot of movement, eg. Tombstone or Killer Croc. As for Solomun Grundy and Bane, you need more than just a tall guy, you need some who's massively big. Brock Lesnar would be my choice for either.

Okay here's another one I'll get gripe on, lol. With all the crazy roles Johnny Depp has played I can see him playing The Riddler, similar to how Frank Gorshin played it in Batman(1966)series. Serious with a little comedy.

Huh, didn't know Tim Burton was directing a new Batman movie (sorry for the flashbacks, Mike). I agree that Depp could play the Riddler, but in the end it would resemble Jim Carrey's a little too much. I forget who's idea it was, but David Hyde Pierce might be a better choice for the world Nolan has established.

Seeing your list, I'm sure this will spark a debate.

As the voice of Darkside, absolutely. Personally, I don't think a live-action Darkseid would look good. You would almost have to do him CG to do him justice.

Um, no. Just no. Dakota Fanning looks like she's an 8-year old, and would not age well to be Barbara. Besides that, Batgirl or Robin wouldn't really fit into the world Nolan established for Batman Begins.

I'd have to find some more of her work (I don't watch Friday Night Lights, I'm not watching a fucking Aquaman pilot that the CW wouldn't air, and I'm trying to wipe Smallville from my memory), but at first glance she's far to glamorous to play Supergirl. I'm all for a new SG movie, as long as they erased the first one from continuity but kept Jerry Goldsmith's theme music, but I picture more of an unknown to play her.

Your forgetting his work in "The Devil's Rejects" and "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch". Big Lazy is one of those guys I could imagine being great in a role that requires a lot of snarky dialogue and not a lot of movement, eg. Tombstone or Killer Croc. As for Solomun Grundy and Bane, you need more than just a tall guy, you need some who's massively big. Brock Lesnar would be my choice for either.

Huh, didn't know Tim Burton was directing a new Batman movie (sorry for the flashbacks, Mike). I agree that Depp could play the Riddler, but in the end it would resemble Jim Carrey's a little too much. I forget who's idea it was, but David Hyde Pierce might be a better choice for the world Nolan has established.

Well in terms of a Live Action Darkseid and Ironside being good to play, maybe it could just have him as looking human, until the end with a CGI version and his voice against Superman or how about Metallo, he'd be great as Metallo

Jim Carrey's version of The Riddler was decent, but way over the top and too much like a Joker rip-off. Frank Gorshin was mostly a wise-cracker in the film version of the 60's Batman, in the series, he did less joking. David Hyde Pierce is a decent choice too.

Kevin Nash wasn't in The Devil's Rejects that was Tyler Mane(Sabertooth in X-men and Adult Michael Myers in Halloween)

When I talk about Adrianne Palicki playing a new Supergirl, I meant in a version that is a bit more agressive. Like the one that would eventually start dating(I believe that's what happened)Alexander Luthor Jr. in the comics.

I don't think there will ever be Robin or Batgirl or even a hint of them as characters in a Nolan-directed Batman film(since he has already pointed that out). After the trilogy is done and they move on to a new director(like they are with Spider-Man IV & V), the first film could have a young boy and girl as Barbara Gordan and Dick Grayson.

Riddler: Michael C. Hall (Six Feet Under, Dexter) has the compulsive guy nailed down. He can play it soft (David Fisher) or very edgy / creepy (Dexter Morgan). The Riddler needs to be both. We need to see that even when he's not acting out against Batman, he can't help but obsess over the littlest things. He sees conspiracies in everything, even when he knows they're not there, and it tortures him. A Riddler played like that, one who creates his own conspiracies (RE: riddles) would fit perfectly in the dark, real world Nolan has established, and can only be played by Hall.

Kane would make a good Grundy. He already looks like him. Just throw a wig on him.

Personally I'd like to see Christopher Lee as The Vulture.

Kevin Nash wasn't in The Devil's Rejects that was Tyler Mane(Sabertooth in X-men and Adult Michael Myers in Halloween)

That was actually Diamond Dallas Page in Devil's Rejects. Tyler Mane was Zombie's Michael Myers.

Tyler Man AND DDP were in The Devil's Rejects. DDP plays one of the bounty hunters along with Danny Trejo. Tyler Mane plays the member of the Firefly family who is killed in the shootout in the beginning(he's the one encased in the armor.