Final Crisis

Dread

Personally, I don't care either way, but I can understand why people would be upset. A lot of comic book readers want consistency in their storylines, and that means one creative team from start to finish.

If memory serves, didn't Jones have the scripts for this series long ago? Maybe I'm wrong, but I could swear I've read that somewhere. If that's true, it's sad that he couldn't finish the series.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, didn't Jones have the scripts for this series long ago?

He would be the only one, given how the rest of the DC Universe is completely failing to properly tie in. A shiny penny for the man who can tell me where Last Will & Testament fits in, given the presence of a half dozen characters that couldn't possibly be there at any point of this crisis.

He would be the only one, given how the rest of the DC Universe is completely failing to properly tie in. A shiny penny for the man who can tell me where Last Will & Testament fits in, given the presence of a half dozen characters that couldn't possibly be there at any point of this crisis.

Elaborate please.

Regardless, it was fantastic.

Elaborate please.

OK, off the top of my head Batman appeared in Last Will and Testament with Robin but by this point he's supposed to be being tortured in Final Crisis. Theres a ton of mixed up things in that issue, I'll look it all up when I the chance. When is Superman telling everyone the world is ending? The Planet blew up and he's been with lois snce then right up until he went into the multiverse. How does this fit in?

Elaborate please.

OK, off the top of my head Batman appeared in Last Will and Testament with Robin but by this point he's supposed to be being tortured in Final Crisis. Theres a ton of mixed up things in that issue, I'll look it all up when I the chance. When is Superman telling everyone the world is ending? The Planet blew up and he's been with lois snce then right up until he went into the multiverse. How does this fit in?

You forgot that Superman is also supposed to be in the future fighting Superboy Prime with the Legion of Superheroes.

Fucking amazing series so far, and as a big Marvel fanboy it pains me to say that this is kicking the crap out of Secret Invasion. I'm so glad to have stuck with this. I think it helps that the only tie ins I have read were Submit, The Legion one, and the Requim one, and the only other DC book I read is Batman, so the continuity issues don't really bother me, because everything in this book is going along a-ok.

Submit is pretty awesome and Requiem made me cry for a character I could hardly give a shit about. Legion I don't touch with a ten foot pole as a matter of policy but I enjoyed Rogues' Revenge as a Flash story and can't wait for Rage of the Red Lanterns next week.

I'll probably finish this when the trade comes out. It's just too hard for me to follow right now. It's sort of the anti-Secret Invasion in that sense. I can't get into Secret Invasion because nothing happens, and I can't get into Final Crisis because way too much is happening.

I did enjoy Requiem though.

I read issue #4 in the afternoon yesterday and wasn't crazy about it, but I re-read this issue last night at about 3 a.m, and now I think it is my favorite issue of the series so far. Wow, the difference a few hours can make. Some of the scenes in this issue brought back memories from the Angel series finale, certain panels of Watchmen, and some scenes in the movie Children Of Men. All of the moments in the issue that were supposed to effect me did on this read when i just let everything soak in. The panel featuring Blue Beetle hugging a child really got to me for some reason. The heroes are going to have to do a "Ghostbusters in the Statue Of Liberty" type thing to save everybody this time lol.

Submit is pretty awesome and Requiem made me cry for a character I could hardly give a shit about. Legion I don't touch with a ten foot pole as a matter of policy but I enjoyed Rogues' Revenge as a Flash story and can't wait for Rage of the Red Lanterns next week.

I really enjoyed Rogues' Revenge. I know that there was not much continuity with Final Crisis and the entire point was to set up that the Rogues know that Barry Allen is back, but it was a really good story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumor time! From Lying in the Gutters:

IT'S ARMAGEDDON 2001 ALL OVER AGAIN

A familiar source known collectively as "New York comics industry employees talking in bars" tells me that the last issue of "Final Crisis" is further delayed as it is suffering from serious rewrites. It appears that DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio was unhappy with the way the story concluded and the implications for the DC Universe for a while and had ordered changes from a, naturally, rather unhappy Grant Morrison. Considering this is the way he wrote the pitch for the book.

As a result, creative teams working on a number of spinoff and affected books have also had to stop work while the “Final Crisis” ending is reworked.

Expect more lateness, more annoyance and less likelihood of Grant Morrison doing DCU work in the near future.

In a related note (also a rumor):

STARDUST

Morrison is not the only person having difficulties with DiDio's direction. I understand that James Robinson and Dan had a stand up argument that led to Robinson quitting the Superman books and the DCU in general.