Green Hornet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five seconds into the video, a street sign is upside down.

... but it sorta just looks like rich kid becomes Batman for kicks.

I'd say more like a mix between Batman and Iron Man.

Right, seen full trailer now. It looks shit. Bullet time started to outstay it's welcome in Matrix 2, so why is it here. The jokes weren't funny, and I can't believe neither Stavros or Ian picked up on this:

They ripped off Johnny English with the speed camera joke.

Right, seen full trailer now. It looks shit. Bullet time started to outstay it's welcome in Matrix 2, so why is it here. The jokes weren't funny, and I can't believe neither Stavros or Ian picked up on this:

I'm sure Ian was just waiting to cover it in episode 27 of For Your Ears Only.

Five seconds into the video, a street sign is upside down.

... but it sorta just looks like rich kid becomes Batman for kicks.

I'd say more like a mix between Batman and Iron Man.

Possibly because I haven't watched it yet! I've deliberately avoided the Jonah Hex trailer so that I can go into my review with no expectations.

EDIT: And, having just watched it, as there's enough distance between now and the release date, I've seen much worse trailers. The difference is that, unlike Mike & Des, I have no prior knowledge of the Green Hornet character so I'm not offended by what I saw.

Edited by slothian

EDIT: And, having just watched it, as there's enough distance between now and the release date, I've seen much worse trailers. The difference is that, unlike Mike & Des, I have no prior knowledge of the Green Hornet character so I'm not offended by what I saw.

I know nothing about the green hornet, bar his appearance in the Batman TV show, and what was mentioned in the Bruce less bio pic. Doesn't mean I don't think the trailer is a generic piece of shit. But that's me, it just felt like someone said "Hey lets make Seth Rogen a superhero!" then slapped the green hornet shit on top of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
During the film's presentation at San Diego's Comic-Con this summer, the Q&A session was almost drowned out by the stampede of walkouts. Gondry sneers quite magnificently at the memory. "I usually identify with the nerds," he points out, "but these ones just reinforce the social rules. Their values are fascistic. All those people marching around in capes and masks and boots. The superhero imagery is totally fascist!" He's on a roll now. "When you step into this genre, they feel it belongs to them. They want you to conform, or they won't like you. They want the conventional. But it's fine. The movie's been doing very well, I think, whenever we've screened it to normal people."

Source

I'm surprised at how much of the good will Gondry built up with me for Eternal Sunshine has been lost since I started looking into him.

During the film's presentation at San Diego's Comic-Con this summer, the Q&A session was almost drowned out by the stampede of walkouts. Gondry sneers quite magnificently at the memory. "I usually identify with the nerds," he points out, "but these ones just reinforce the social rules. Their values are fascistic. All those people marching around in capes and masks and boots. The superhero imagery is totally fascist!" He's on a roll now. "When you step into this genre, they feel it belongs to them. They want you to conform, or they won't like you. They want the conventional. But it's fine. The movie's been doing very well, I think, whenever we've screened it to normal people."

Source

I'm surprised at how much of the good will Gondry built up with me for Eternal Sunshine has been lost since I started looking into him.

He does come across as a dick there.

I'm not thinking the film will be shit, because it is different from the comics, I'm thinking the film will be shit, because the trailers I've seen makes the film across as a piece of shit.