Iron Man 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarlett looks almost... "innocent." Which is very hard to do, considering that she's in full-body black leather.

I really would have preferred someone who had a "sharper" look in her eye; someone who actually has the coldness of Black Widow. Just judging from those (admittedly inadequate) photos, she seems almost "nice."

Well at least Marvel was smart enough to pay Jon Favreau literally his due. I just think about how bad word of mouth with these comic book movies never seems to effect the particular movie released like say X-3, but it always seems to bite the studio in the butt with the next film in the franchise. I guess consumers learn their lesson once they see and agree with the bad reviews. It's still to bad explosions and sex have to always come before character in most movies that become commercially successful. Not that I mind explosions or sex, I just like a better balance. Thankfully Iron Man was pretty good, though I personally have always felt when watching it the last act kind of gets away from me, but maybe I had different expectations for the last act. I find this odd only because I'm a happy Star Wars fan and well....that seems to be as hard as being a happy older Star Trek fan.

...I personally have always felt when watching it the last act kind of gets away from me, but maybe I had different expectations for the last act.
The last act is generally recognized as the weakest part of the film; I agree with you.

I find this odd only because I'm a happy Star Wars fan
As am I.

...that seems to be as hard as being a happy older Star Trek fan.
I'm one of those too. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Was that War Machine at the end?

Yes.

Also, ten seconds on screen and I couldn't really care about Terrence Howard turning into Don Cheadle.

I totally agree.

Scarlett Johannson still bothers me as Black Widow, though. I'll have to hear her accent before I make judgments, though.

I'm a bit worried now, though, that the film is going to be a left-wing "let's make fun of the military!" movie. I don't need political messages for one side or the other in my superhero films. Hopefully that one scene they showed was just part of Tony's "I like working alone" story, and not the way it'll be for the entire film.

By the looks of it, their going to do Tony gets drunk, and start really sowing the seeds for the avenger movie.

Wb take notes, build up to your team movie slowly, don't just throw some shite together with that prick from Reaper (I don't care if it was a rumour, or if I imagined it, I can't stand him!)

Anyway, dam.

By the looks of it, their going to do Tony gets drunk

I'm theorizing that Tony will actually get injured in that fight with whiplash, and then Rhodey has to take over.

Wb take notes, build up to your team movie slowly

From what I've read, WB had a huge meeting where they laid out their future plans for their DC Superhero films, and they really want to have a lot of little crossover references to the larger DC universe (like Stark's logo in The Incredible Hulk). A Justice League film is still very far out, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...