Iron Man 2

Guest TFG1Mike

I just got back from seeing this.... I liked it. I still would've liked to have seen Terrence Howard in the suit. However Cheadle was better then I gave him credit for. I liked him both in and out of the suit. Hammer is just a jackass and a moron in this. He posed no viable threat as a villain. I noticed the Tony Ego thing, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe because I like the films I'm overlooking it a little. I really enjoyed the Rhodey/Tony fight in the house.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TFG1Mike

By the way, make sure to stay through the credits. I assume y'all know this by now, but I figured I'd say it nonetheless.

y'know there's an awful 80's music joke I made going out of the theater after seeing that.

Wait, were using spoiler tags still? I thought we stopped that once the movie came out for everyone.

It was fine, step down from the first one, could easily cut 10 minutes off this baby. And I forgot to stay after the credits, what happened?

Remember how agent Coulson had to leave Tony for an important mission? It was because they found the Mjolnir in the New Mexico desert.

$52 million just on Friday. Yeah, this thing is going to be huge.

It may depend on the word of mouth as to how huge though. I don't see it doing TDK numbers if only because people don't seem to like it as much as either Bats vs Joker or the first Iron Man.

Well, to be fair, TDK had Dead Heath Ledger to draw in a lot of viewers that would normally have never gone to a Batman picture. But, yeah, I'm sure you're right. IM2 will make money based on the theory that people will pay to see it.

Right, so in depth thoughts.

• Tony was spectacular, and the "I don't like being handed things" quirk was very Howard Hughes.
  • Don Cheadle was such a step up from Terrance Howard that it was physically painful. Such a nice move.
  • Sam Rockwell was incredible, just amazing. Justin Hammer was the perfect foil to Tony.
  • Pepper was a little more grating than the last film. Didn't work as well for me.
  • Scarlet. Yum.
  • Fury and Hogan were both nicely done.
  • Vanko was almost a non-entity, worked okay, I guess. As a Mickey Rourke fan, I was a bit let down.
  • As a whole, this film was a nice follow up to the first, and expanded upon that world. The plot was... fine, I guess. I guess I was expecting a little something more, but it was... fine.
  • It's a solid 8/10

I enjoyed the movie. It isn't as good as the first one but it happens. My main problem is that most of the Avengers stuff was kinda just shoe-horned in. I got a chuckle out of the part with Captain America's shield but overall most of the scenes felt like they were there just to set up another movie which I know that's the point but when it drags down another movie to do so then I tend to see that as a problem.

Saw this last night. I'm quite pleased with it, and especially with Scarlett (UNF), please give her her own spinoff. Probably going to go see it again in theatres so that I can get translations for the foreign language bits and the scene at the end of the credits.