Iron Man 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how harsh some of you are being on it. This will definitely be the last powersuit enemy story, and I can't see how they could have had a Hammer story without it.

Rockwell was simply amazing as Hammer, he blew me away. And his character tied so much of the movie together. I think this movie did a good job putting a close on future powersuit bad guys, as the only one who has been able to make it was Tony's intellectual equal (or close to it) and he's dead.

I thought they got the balance right with all the characters. I'm with Preston, 8/10 is about right.

• 1 month later...
With Tuesday's box office take of $511 thousand, Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 has achieved the benchmark of having crossed the $300 million mark domestically, joining the fairly exclusive ranks of only 34 movies that have grossed that amount (not accounting for inflation). It still has some work cut out for it to achieve the $318 million amassed by its predecessor in 2008, as well as the $33 million it would need if it wants to surpass Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland as the top grossing movie of the year in North America.

Internationally, Iron Man 2 has reach $295 million for a worldwide total of $595.3 million, which tops the first film's $585.2 million.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102522-iron-man-2-hits-300-million

• 2 months later...

Why did it take over 30 minutes for the first action scene? This is an action movie after all.

That's still an improvement over the first film.

The first one gets a pass though because it has to tell the origin. There is no excuse for not showing Tony kick the crap out of someone in the first scene of the sequel.