Has their ever been an elseworld story when Batman wasn't Batman?

SuaveStar

I was just wondering, has their ever been a story were Bruce Wayne's dad stopped the man from shooting him and his wife?

I was watching for the man who has everything and wondered how that story would play out with Gotham and Dick Grayson and the Justice League and would the rogues gallery still exist, as some people claim(Like in BTAS the trial were the DA says it's Batmans fault) they wouldn't.

just wondering, and if it exists could someone tell me were you could find it?

P.S i read the nail and thought it was good, and dark like what the Joker does but I personally did not like the twists at the end.

Off the top of my head, there was an in-continuity story in Superman/Batman (Batman/Superman? They just need to call it World's Finest!) where Batman killed the mugger before the mugger had a chance to kill the Waynes, and Batman never existed. Superman then recruited Bruce Wayne to take down Ra's Al Ghul and fix the timeline.

But I have a question. If Batman prevented Joe Chill from killing the Waynes, then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal. Then Joe Chill kills the Waynes, prompting Bruce Wayne to become Batman and go back in time and prevent Joe Chill from killing the Waynes.

But then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal. Then Joe Chill kills the Waynes, prompting Batman to go back in time and prevent Joe Chill from killing the Waynes. But then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal...

My head hurts.

Off the top of my head, there was an in-continuity story in Superman/Batman (Batman/Superman? They just need to call it World's Finest!) where Batman killed the mugger before the mugger had a chance to kill the Waynes, and Batman never existed. Superman then recruited Bruce Wayne to take down Ra's Al Ghul and fix the time line.

But I have a question. If Batman prevented Joe Chill from killing the Waynes, then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal. Then Joe Chill kills the Waynes, prompting Bruce Wayne to become Batman and go back in time and prevent Joe Chill from killing the Waynes.

But then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal. Then Joe Chill kills the Waynes, prompting Batman to go back in time and prevent Joe Chill from killing the Waynes. But then Batman would never have existed, so in the future there would be no Batman to go back in time, so history reverts to normal...

My head hurts.

What issue was this story?

And what if Batman got there and the Wayne's were meant to die, so their could have been a second mugger maybe Chill had a partner( hey spider-man 3 did this!) and if Chill got killed by Batman and the second person caught up with the Wayne's moments later and shot them anyway, causing Bruce to become Batman.

But batman would have known about this and would have stopped the second guy as well.

Dammit!

There's Superman: Speeding Bullets, with Kal-El crash landing in Gotham. He's adopted by the Waynes, who name him Bruce. The alley scene happens as in the original origin, except this time with a Superman twist and just as in the comics, "Bruce" becomes Batman later. I'm not going to spoil it, but's it's definately worth checking out.

There's Superman: Speeding Bullets, with Kal-El crash landing in Gotham. He's adopted by the Waynes, who name him Bruce. The alley scene happens as in the original origin, except this time with a Superman twist and just as in the comics, "Bruce" becomes Batman later. I'm not going to spoil it, but's it's definately worth checking out.

I'll check that out as soon as i can