Awesome Comic Book Lines

Doug

Ok, So as the titel says, post any comic book lines/ interactions that are either

A. Funny

B. Scary

C. Totally Bad Ass

Ill start out the thread, with three interactions.

Batman & Superman: Public Enemies Trade Paper Back :

Nightwing: Go to Hell

Lex Luthor: I've Been, Its overated

Batman: I will not stop you. There are ways we could make it look like an accident. Or better still - As if he'd disappered with out a trace

Lex Luthor: Your Bluffing

Batman: No. I am Not.

Batman: Gotham Adventure Trade Paperback:

Joker: Lucky thing Im on the team for stuff like this. But if I have to wear a flying animall costume, I want to be the squirrel.

Batman: Don't make me gag you

Batman: I will not stop you. There are ways we could make it look like an accident. Or better still - As if he'd disappered with out a trace

I've always had a problem with that line. Why would Batman be okay with Superman killing someone?

I've always had a problem with that line. Why would Batman be okay with Superman killing someone?

Thought batman opposes to killing, in the "thinking" box, he says how much evil "Luthor does to the entire planet, Worse.... What he does to clark" So he see's that evil he creates, and he deems it ok for luthor to die.

The writers just probally didnt want to create conflict between bruce and clark.

As I said in my review of that storyline, Batman has saved the Joker's life, so I don't see him being okay with anyone -- especially Superman -- killing Lex Luthor.

Why wouldn't the writer want conflict between Batman and Superman? The entire thrust of their modern relationship is based on conflict; though they respect one another and are friends, they rarely agree on anything.

:P

As I said in my review of that storyline, Batman has saved the Joker's life, so I don't see him being okay with anyone -- especially Superman -- killing Lex Luthor.

Why wouldn't the writer want conflict between Batman and Superman? The entire thrust of their modern relationship is based on conflict; though they respect one another and are friends, they rarely agree on anything.

Well on the evil suggestion, that was me being devils addvocite. I dont think the writer didnt want conflict there, becuase at that point, it was everyone against Batman and Superman

EDIT:

In your review you said mettalo was digging up graves to look for his body, I think it was to throw the police of trak, so they dont know he took his body, Just sayin :P

One of the most bad-ass lines in comics:

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

One of the most bad-ass lines in comics:

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Quoted for truth.

Yeah, that moment still sends shivers down my spine every time I read it. Probably one of my five favorite moments in all of comics.

The V for Vendetta version is just as good... even though the circumstances are completely different.

Batman #423

Crook holding woman hostage at gunpoint, Bats helpless before him,

Crook: "I'll blow her head off! I swear I will!"

Bats (slowly moving toward crook and woman: "...and I swear that if you harm that woman at all, I'll make you pay! I will break and twist things within you. You can't conceive of the pain I can cause. It's pain that will go on forever! You won't escape it...because I won't let you die!"

Needless to say, things ended all right that time.

Bad guy: "Not only are you doomed - but so us everyone else you have touched!"

The Atom: "Jean Loring - I've signed her death warrant!"

The Flash: "I gave Iris West - the kiss of death!"

Green Lantern: "Carol Ferris - in deadly danger!"

Batman: "Robin - what have I done to you?"

New Avengers Illuminati #4: Really the first four pages of the book, but specifically this exchange.

Dr. Strange: ...is there any amount of yourself you can give that is sufficient for a woman? Is there?

Xavier: I have not found it.

Strange: And you've dated outside the species.

Xavier: How did you know that?

Strange: I read it online.

Xavier: You're online?

Strange: Everyone's online!

Xavier: It's online? But you can leave your body and go to the astral plane...why are you online?

Strange: I can't get hockey scores in the astral plane.