Batman:TAS The Complete Series set

Site founder/webmaster Gord Lacey is at the EMA show in Las Vegas this week, and while there he's spotted an upcoming DVD release titled Batman: The Animated Series - The Complete Series. Yup, he spotted that title on a mock-up box. He describes the box as 'longer than it is wide' (similar in shape to The O.C. - The Complete Series, but apparently NOT put together the same way that package is), and the "book" slides into a plastic slip cover. Gord described it as a very nice set, and one that fans will want on their shelves. He attempted to take a picture of this, but unfortunately the glass case that the mock-up is under got in the way (glare).

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-An...ete-Series/9918

Why re-release this. Unless its going to be available on Blu-Ray or have an exclusive box set only disc(with new features), they need to stop thinking we're stupid to double dip(most people who like the show, already has the sets).

That was my thought. Why not just release the package for the people who already have them all?

I wish they'd do like the Simpsons' creators and make commentaries for every episode.

i would actually consider re-buying the sets if they did this......

Christ i wish i wasn't broke.

Bet the new features will be the intros that came in the original episode packs for justice league and btas with Bruce timm talking about the background for the episodes for like thirty seconds.

Bet they wont even update these if they do, do that.

• 3 weeks later...
So far, The Simpsons, Clerks: Uncensored and The Critic are the only shows that has every episode with commentary

It would be great to have a commentary track for every DCAU episode, but with Bruce Timm and the rest all doing these DC Universe PG-13 movies its impossible that they would.

the new sets of family guy all have commentary's now, i think.

Seriously though, except for people just now getting into batman with the dark knight coming out, i don't really seeing this set selling well.

So far, The Simpsons, Clerks: Uncensored and The Critic are the only shows that has every episode with commentary

It would be great to have a commentary track for every DCAU episode, but with Bruce Timm and the rest all doing these DC Universe PG-13 movies its impossible that they would.

And Futurama.