The DCAU news thread

Koete

Guest DCAUFan1051
I can't wait to illegally download this!

Oh come on!

Someone has to ruin it for everyone else.

Illegal downloading is bad and I don't approve of it. But if there's an mp3 floating out in cyberspace somewhere, I certainly wouldn't mind getting a copy of it. You know... for preservation of it in case of a nuclear fallout. :)

hopefully these la la land records people will be smart and release it on iTunes as well as a reg CD

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew he had a head!

During the recording of WFP 44, in which we spoke about the Batman Beyond episode "Zeta," I commented that Zeta's head was weird. I recalled it looking like the image on the DVD case, not the boomerang-shaped thing he had in BB. When Zeta next returns in Batman Beyond, which head does he have?

Guest DCAUFan1051
If he has the boomerang head the next time we see him in Batman Beyond, that would be weird, because that episode ("Countdown") aired after The Zeta Project began. So one would think the producers would have all of their ducks lined up.

Zeta in the Countdown Episode

Zeta's Head

I actually grabbed the Season 2 BB set to look at the DVD to see but then realized that Countdown happens in Season 3 damn this production date review style :D j/k

At least when you guys get to JL & JLU you have to go in airdate MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA or else reviewing Secret Origins Part 2 before part 1 would make no sense :laugh: :D

Umm, don't test Mike and James, remember they reviewed the 2nd Roxxy Rocket episode, before the first one because it aired first.

No, because it was produced first.

Anyway, the second part of Secret Origins was produced before the first? Oh, I am so tempted to cover them out of order! :devil:

In all seriousness, that's one story, so we won't even consider the production order of the individual episodes.

I got the CD in the mail today and I've got to say - it's REALLY well done. The tracks are all remastered so it sounds absolutely incredible! This is not a half-ass compliation in any way. My favorite would have to be the first track on disc 1 called "Gotham City Overture", a 14-minute score combining all the various characters themes (such as Batman, the Joker, Batgirl, Clayface, etc.) together into one beautiful piece. It was kind of fun to listen to it and name who's theme it was. Also there's a 20-page booklet where not only does it give liner notes on each group of episodes, but some very touching words from Bruce Timm, Danny Elfman, and Paul Dini about Shirley Walker (to whom the CD is dedicated to).

It's absolutely worth picking up and I hope La La Land Records decides to continue the series.

Got mine yesterday as well - had to go through the track names and such to make sure everything was right before I transferred it to my iPod, but it sounds really good. I also liked the last track on Disk 2 - "Music Of The Bat", where it's a mix of explanation (I didn't look, but I assume it's Lolita Ritmanis, although it could have been something Shirley Walker recorded before she died). and going through the components of the theme and some of the ways they hooked different components together to evoke different moods. I'm so used to the orchestral, heavy brass version of the theme that the piano version is interesting - it really sounds very poignant at times, which fits Batman, but I guess I never picked that up as much on the orchestral version.

"Batman Beyond" actually already got a soundtrack release (mostly first season) on Rhino Records (which I actually have a real version of), so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for Justice League next - I'd love to have a character by character montage of the main JL characters with the different variations of each character's theme. Green Lantern's and Wonder Woman's themes in particular always stood out for me.

Chris

I also liked the last track on Disk 2 - "Music Of The Bat", where it's a mix of explanation (I didn't look, but I assume it's Lolita Ritmanis, although it could have been something Shirley Walker recorded before she died).

It's Shirley Walker. The liner notes say it was part of an audio interview she did back a few years back. I didn't hear the track until today, but I got to agree with you - it's really fasinating how the slight variations of it provoke different emotions. That was something I never picked up on. Just goes to show how incredibly talented Shirley Walker was. What a fitting tribute to her. :)

Guest DCAUFan1051
I will only get it if it has a commentary track.

I have no idea if there ever will be an anniversary DVD release I'm hopeful but there has been no news even before the holiday break. Hopefully worldsfinestonline will have news items this morning.

You'd think that they'd put tons of features on an anniversary edition DVD.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike B's DCAU DVD Set Collection Is NOW COMPLETE

I'm posting to this because I actually wanted everyone to talk about the DCAU DVD sets here but I just got in the final sets to complete my season colections of the DCAU cartoons I got:

S:TAS Volumes 1-3 wooohoooo

The only thing I was hoping about these sets was that there were more commentaries glad I have rounded out my DCAU DVD Collection. :D

Here's hoping they're going to release a complete S: TAS set like with B: TAS

I'll post the other DVD's I got in the Recent DVD thread :D

ce6aee30.jpg

So I was watching The Disney Channel and a commercial came on for their Disney XD lineup. One of the cartoons featured was Static Shock. Well I just about plotzed. I jumped on the web and googled it. Sure enough, on his blog, Dwayne McDuffie was promoting it. It will air in sometime February (less than a month away). Check your TV guides, folks.

Guest DCAUFan1051
So I was watching The Disney Channel and a commercial came on for their Disney XD lineup. One of the cartoons featured was Static Shock. Well I just about plotzed. I jumped on the web and googled it. Sure enough, on his blog, Dwayne McDuffie was promoting it. It will air in sometime February (less than a month away). Check your TV guides, folks.

thanks for the info Erin............. since I've got DIRECTV and watch the Toon Disney Channel alot there have been alot of ads running for the new Disney XD station. I think it launches February 17th but unsure :D