Iron Man 2

Missy

Why are we not talking about Scarlett Johansson in leather?! :grumble:

Scarlett Johansson + tight leather = YUMMY!

Meh. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, its just that Scarlett Johansson isn't what I think of when I think of Black Widow. She's more girl next door hot than international espionage acrobatic ass-kicker hot.

I'll need to see pics to be convinced. :devil:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Marvel films coming out between Wolverine and Iron Man 2, I give you: Kick-ass.

Otherwise, Marvel have seemingly got the stranglehold on 2010. Which is fine by me as a CBM lover, as WB/DC can theoretically see what works and what doesn't work about Marvel's current release schedule.

In regards to Marvel films coming out between Wolverine and Iron Man 2, I give you: Kick-ass.

Otherwise, Marvel have seemingly got the stranglehold on 2010. Which is fine by me as a CBM lover, as WB/DC can theoretically see what works and what doesn't work about Marvel's current release schedule.

So you're not optimistic about seeing another big DC film until 2011-12? I gotta say its disheartening. I don't want the movie going public to grow sick of the CBM but DC's contribution in the cape and cowl department is slender at best after Watchmen is done. They should be filming the next one right now if they had some sort of schedule in place.

I think Iron Man should have shown what a lower tier hero film can be if its well-executed and properly promoted. I don't see how Green Lantern isn't further along.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just watched Iron Man tonight and I'm of the opinion that the teaser/trailer will have to knock me out to be interested in going to the theater to see IM2. First off as I've said before Terrance Howard should be Rhoadie no one else. I can't see Cheadle in the military role that Howard played. I'll be reviewing Iron Man at some point. Dunno when though.

I'm puzzled as to why they haven't cast Milla Jovovich as Black Widow already.

5418-752184.jpg

132.jpg

026.jpg

She's already the go-to "ass-kicking girl," has great physical ability for action scenes, and is fluent in Russian.

Scarlett Johansson is indescribably gorgeous, but she's also a little too... big... to fit into a black widow-style suit. Scarlett would be a PERFECT (visually, at least) casting for Black Cat, however.

• 2 weeks later...
I just heard that ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel's Iron Man 2. After at first being low-balled by the studio to the tune of $250K, Rourke has signed on for the role of the Russian villain in the sequel after his agent David Unger got the quote up to a "significant" level despite this punishing economic climate where the studios are taking advantage of talent. (No wonder Mickey kept thanking Unger so profusely in acceptance speeches for the BAFTA, Golden Globes, Spirit, and other awards.) But don't expect Marvel to confirm any of this: they won't until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed on the contracts. I can also tell you that Sony was considering hiring Mickey to play the villain in Spider-Man 4.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53629

$250k for the lead villain role for a guy nominated for an Oscar? What is Marvel thinking? Might as well slap him in the face while they are at it.

First, we got confirmation that Mickey Rourke is on board to play the Russian villain in Iron Man 2, and now E! Online has confirmed with Scarlett Johansson's representative that the actress has indeed signed to play the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow.

"Scarlett is thrilled to be a part of Iron Man," her rep, Marcel Pariseau, tells me.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8160