Scream 4

Okay, well I have a few bits of bad news for everyone. Not only is Scream IV going to be made(no further details available yet, except it seems that David Arquette and Courtney Cox-Arquette are already in), but we're getting a remake of Scanners(originally done by David Cronenberg) and a remake of Piranha in 3-D.

Here's the link for this announcement:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12910

I have never seen any of the Scream movies, and it will likely stay that way.

They were okay, but it should just stay a trilogy. The 3rd film, basically was the worse one and when that happens to a franchise it should be left alone. If you click on the Scream 4 link on the article you see a poster of Neve Campbell and the tagline "This time she has nobody to save her". With David and Courtney Cox-Arquette as being in the film already. Neve Campbell has said in the past that she will not do another Scream if Wes Craven will not be involved. Wes Craven also said he has no interest in a new Scream.

I have never seen any of the Scream movies, and it will likely stay that way.

hey!

the first scream was really good, the second was OK, and different enough to be consider a good movie.

The third........what the hell was the point in the third one again? oh right all the Hollywood jokes and cameos.

On topic, never seen scanners, but scream IV has been getting planned for years, Courtney and David have probably got the "Pay or Play" contracts and that's why their in.

Also who will the killer be this time for a very weird payoff?

my moneys on Cindy's postman! Is it known if Wes Craven is attached to direct?

If so, it'll probably be announced at this year's Festival of Fear. I will not be at that panel because I think there will be more interesting stuff to look at like gum stuck to the floor and the like.

hey!

the first scream was really good, the second was OK, and different enough to be consider a good movie.

The third........what the hell was the point in the third one again? oh right all the Hollywood jokes and cameos.

On topic, never seen scanners, but scream IV has been getting planned for years, Courtney and David have probably got the "Pay or Play" contracts and that's why their in.

The first film was a decent film, it helped launch a new type og Horror genre and was one of the first Horror Comedies. It also is known for relaunching Wes Craven's career and brought him back to horror in a big way(Wes Craven's New Nightmare also did this in 1994, 2 years before the first Scream).

It also put Kevin Williamson in the spotlight and launch the Dawson's Creek series and the first I Know What You Did Last Summer film. Neve Campbell also got a kick from her Melrose Place days and was able to go on to other things.

Scream II was a great follow-up and knowing the characters now it help make this film superior in some ways. It also have some great twist and shocking events.

Part 3 was one of those films that were cool the first time you saw it. The ending being the first part and all the composition of the events being connected. But after a few watches it does seem tedious and at times rushed(like who and when and how does Randy have a sister, when we never heard of her).

You must see Scanners, this is the film that made me love Michael Ironside(Darkseid in the DCAU) as a villain. Other films with him in it and are must sees are Total Recall, Highlander II: The Quickening, Starship Troopers and Smallville(in a few as General Sam Lane). He also played the voice of Batman in the Dark Knight Returns portion of the Gotham Knight episode "Legends of the Dark Knight."

Hey Mike in your next "Top 10" Series you should do Michael Ironside. He's a kick ass bad guy

Yeah, Scream 4 has been in"Development Hell" for years, with David Arquette and Courtney Cox-Arquette immediately saying they would do it. Not sure yet if this still holds true.

We Craven has said several times he doesn't feel the need to make a part 4. When he did Scream, him and Kevin Williamson agreed that it would be a trilogy, Kevin Williamson returned as Script writer for Scream II, but for some reason bailed out on Scream III(this is most likely the reasoning to the quality being hurt in this sequel)and given to Ethren Krueger.

Neve Campbell said when the idea first came around she would never do a Scream film without Wes Craven, as she has said it's his film series and no one else should touch it(just like The Terminator film series).

The identities of the killer and the first victim have already been revealed. Ted Turner kills David Arquette for his part in bankrupting WCW. Arquette is found impaled with the WCW Championship belt - the belt he won eight years ago.

Then Turner decides killing is fun...

Well according to www.bloody-disgusting.com and www.moviehole.net the Weinstein's will not make a Scream 4 as long as Neve Campbell is not going to do it. They feel the franchise is nothing without her. And FINALLY studio producers want to keep it to its roots for the fans and are not going to negotiate to replace or start over.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12973

I honestly was hoping he was revealed to have survived in the third movie and turned out to be the mastermind behind all the murders. Don't think I'd care so much for it now.

I don't either, but they'll cook up the idea that the tape they were watching didn't take place before he was killed, but made recently during the course of part 3. Remember the door opening at the end of part 3 before the credits? Well it will continue from there, lol

To be fair the first Scream was pretty good, and then they fell off the cliff. And of course Jamie Kennedy wants his character back he ain't doing nothing else.

The first was good, it helped establish the plot, motivation and start up a new genre in horror. I liked part 2 more because now the characters are established and its all out about everything. Part 3, the hype around it pretty much killed the film, since it didn't live up to the hype.

To be fair the first Scream was pretty good, and then they fell off the cliff. And of course Jamie Kennedy wants his character back he ain't doing nothing else.

The first was good, it helped establish the plot, motivation and start up a new genre in horror. I liked part 2 more because now the characters are established and its all out about everything. Part 3, the hype around it pretty much killed the film, since it didn't live up to the hype.

And the fact the best actor in the movie died in the first 5 minutes.

• 5 months later...
Okay, well I have a few bits of bad news for everyone. Not only is Scream IV going to be made(no further details available yet, except it seems that David Arquette and Courtney Cox-Arquette are already in), but we're getting a remake of Scanners(originally done by David Cronenberg) and a remake of Piranha in 3-D.

Here's the link for this announcement:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12910

Death to all remakes, burn it, BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!

hey!

The first film was a decent film, it helped launch a new type og Horror genre and was one of the first Horror Comedies. It also is known for relaunching Wes Craven's career and brought him back to horror in a big way(Wes Craven's New Nightmare also did this in 1994, 2 years before the first Scream).

It also put Kevin Williamson in the spotlight and launch the Dawson's Creek series and the first I Know What You Did Last Summer film. Neve Campbell also got a kick from her Melrose Place days and was able to go on to other things.

Scream II was a great follow-up and knowing the characters now it help make this film superior in some ways. It also have some great twist and shocking events.

Part 3 was one of those films that were cool the first time you saw it. The ending being the first part and all the composition of the events being connected. But after a few watches it does seem tedious and at times rushed(like who and when and how does Randy have a sister, when we never heard of her).

You must see Scanners, this is the film that made me love Michael Ironside(Darkseid in the DCAU) as a villain. Other films with him in it and are must sees are Total Recall, Highlander II: The Quickening, Starship Troopers and Smallville(in a few as General Sam Lane). He also played the voice of Batman in the Dark Knight Returns portion of the Gotham Knight episode "Legends of the Dark Knight."

Hey Mike in your next "Top 10" Series you should do Michael Ironside. He's a kick ass bad guy

Yeah, Scream 4 has been in"Development Hell" for years, with David Arquette and Courtney Cox-Arquette immediately saying they would do it. Not sure yet if this still holds true.

We Craven has said several times he doesn't feel the need to make a part 4. When he did Scream, him and Kevin Williamson agreed that it would be a trilogy, Kevin Williamson returned as Script writer for Scream II, but for some reason bailed out on Scream III(this is most likely the reasoning to the quality being hurt in this sequel)and given to Ethren Krueger.

Neve Campbell said when the idea first came around she would never do a Scream film without Wes Craven, as she has said it's his film series and no one else should touch it(just like The Terminator film series).

Also don't forget Scream gave us Scary Movie and the Horror Comedy franchises. (morphing to James D, becoming sarcastic)Thank you so much for that.

Also don't forget Scream gave us Scary Movie and the Horror Comedy franchises. (morphing to James D, becoming sarcastic)Thank you so much for that.

Actually, Abbott and Costello gave us the horror comedy. So did Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Hilarious House of Frightenstein, and Return of the Living Dead I + II.

Scream gave us the WB phenomenon...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
It’s official: Scream 4 is a go. Dimension Films announced today that the fourth iteration of the popular series is back and starting production this spring. Kevin Williamson is writing, Wes Craven is directing, and Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox have all signed on to reprise their roles from the original Scream movie. The veterans are set to join a new group of young actors who have yet to be announced. Scream 4 will be released on April 15, 2011.

Said Craven in a press release, “Working with Courteney, David, and Neve was a blast ten years ago and I’m sure it will be again. Kevin is right on his game with the new script — the characters and story crackle with energy and originality — to say nothing of some of the most hair-raising scares I’ve seen in a script since… well, since the original Scream series. Let me at it.”

Source