Heart Of Hush

SuaveStar

So i picked up the latest issue of batman detective and it is all about batman villain hush and how he hopes to finally kill batman.

It was OK, my problem is the comics always feel like they need more space as they are always rushing to get everything in, but this issue seemed to get everything it needed in to set up the arc and also a short two page background of hush.

So what I'm saying is right now, this story seems to be good, even though i don't really know hush as i haven't read the hush TPB, but I was told in the comic what was going on and why he hated Bruce. So the comic did something that Batman R.I.P cant do, it made a slight bit of sense without me at the end saying "what the hell just happened!?" while still making me say "wow this looks interesting, cant wait for the next issue!" anyway that's my thoughts, what did everyone else think?

One other thing, i don't think Hush would work in a Nolan batman movie for one reason, he knew Bruce from childhood, and was their when Bruce's parents died. The only person who really knew Bruce when he was a child and was close to him was besides Alfred, Rachel. Hush would need that psychotic reasoning to want to take down Bruce and be able to manipulate others around him. Well that's what i think. Maybe I'm wrong, but any other way for Hush to exist would just make him seem like a mad guy with no purpose.

• 1 month later...
So i picked up the latest issue of batman detective and it is all about batman villain hush and how he hopes to finally kill batman.

It was OK, my problem is the comics always feel like they need more space as they are always rushing to get everything in, but this issue seemed to get everything it needed in to set up the arc and also a short two page background of hush.

So what I'm saying is right now, this story seems to be good, even though i don't really know hush as i haven't read the hush TPB, but I was told in the comic what was going on and why he hated Bruce. So the comic did something that Batman R.I.P cant do, it made a slight bit of sense without me at the end saying "what the hell just happened!?" while still making me say "wow this looks interesting, cant wait for the next issue!" anyway that's my thoughts, what did everyone else think?

One other thing, i don't think Hush would work in a Nolan batman movie for one reason, he knew Bruce from childhood, and was their when Bruce's parents died. The only person who really knew Bruce when he was a child and was close to him was besides Alfred, Rachel. Hush would need that psychotic reasoning to want to take down Bruce and be able to manipulate others around him. Well that's what i think. Maybe I'm wrong, but any other way for Hush to exist would just make him seem like a mad guy with no purpose.

Hm, no responses yet. Interesting...

I like it. I don't feel that the art is as comparable to Jim Lee's Hush, and the storyline does feel rushed, but I am eager to read on (out of nostalgia for the old Hush, or more Bruce/Selina interaction, or maybe both). I think there's a lot of story to tell, so hopefully they spend some necessary time on it developing the plot. The inclusion of all Bat-Villains is not as important as depth of story plot to me. For example, I was much more moved by Gotham Knight's "Working Through Pain" than "Deadshot," which was more action. I like in-depth looks into Bruce Wayne's psyche, and I think Hush, though a fun story arc, can do a decent job exploring that while being entertaining.

So far, I'm glad to see that Selina has a chance at canceling out Jezebel Jet. Most definitely....

• 2 weeks later...
848's out.

After what happened in 847 should make this hopefully a better more Batman-y issue.

Also I'm a bit annoyed that their putting this under the R.I.P banner when the only reference to R.I.P is where's Jezebel.

I know what you mean. I read 848...and I'm afraid they're using Selina as a plot device. Which completely ticks me off :T

The art in RIP is better, but the story: blech! I wish RIP and HUSH would switch pencilers.

848's out.

After what happened in 847 should make this hopefully a better more Batman-y issue.

Also I'm a bit annoyed that their putting this under the R.I.P banner when the only reference to R.I.P is where's Jezebel.

I know what you mean. I read 848...and I'm afraid they're using Selina as a plot device. Which completely ticks me off :T

The art in RIP is better, but the story: blech! I wish RIP and HUSH would switch pencilers.

I have to disagree. I am enjoying RIP much more. It was confusing as hell to start out, but Morrison is starting to fill in the blanks and I am digging this story. This Hush thing not so much.

I just finished 848 and maybe because I was a bit tired when I read it, so that may affect my judgement.

This issue was a bit shit, it did nothing for me and wasn't that interesting.

I'm re-reading the old issues of R.I.P and still can't get what the hell Morrison was talking about.

I thought people would have worked out who it was easily.

Really, it's either Jason Todd or Hitler.

Wouldn't it be great if Hitler had it in for Batman this whole time...

Seriously though, I think it's Batman himself.

• 2 months later...

Right, I now have the final piece of the heart of Hush puzzle.

God it was disappointing. Maybe I was looking forward to it too much, but I was left disapppointed by this ending and felt that it was a horrible end to an ok storyline. I personally preferred the short Scarface storyline that came before this.

Paul Dini said of Hush in his story arc that he was a sick bastard. I felt that although he was a real bastard for what he did, it was just what any other villian might do if they know about Bruce and Selinas past. The art was alright, but why the hell was the joker in this.