not in continuity!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically speaking, the WildCATS aren't DC characters. They were created when Jim Lee was still at Image, and when he moved his company to DC he retained the rights. So they're his characters, not DC's.

Either way, we won't be covering WildCATS.

Also, I edited your post Azbats, because some people still haven't seen The Dark Knight.

Technically speaking, the WildCATS aren't DC characters. They were created when Jim Lee was still at Image, and when he moved his company to DC he retained the rights. So they're his characters, not DC's.

Either way, we won't be covering WildCATS.

Also, I edited your post Azbats, because some people still haven't seen The Dark Knight.

These are lines that could apply to any crime drama, Yoda. That is why I put them on there;To show these lines are not just from a superhero movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
But you're reviewing Teen Titans, and that's not in continuity... Oh yeah, I went there. :P :devil:

Um, hate to burst you Teen Titan haters, but it's very much in continuity. Pick up a post Dick Grayson as Robin comic book some time people. Sheesh!!!! Dick (Robin) joined TT after he split from Batman. After he split from Batman! Hence, the cartoon is in continuity. Not to quote the Buffy-verse, but "add it all together and it spells 'DUH'!"

Guest DCAUFan1051

Bruce Timm has said on the DVD's that Teen Titians falls in between Justice League Seasons 1 & 2 and JLU Seasons 1 & 2

SO THAT SHOULD END THE CONTINUITY ARGUMENT!!! :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Bruce Timm has said on the DVD's that Teen Titians falls in between Justice League Seasons 1 & 2 and JLU Seasons 1 & 2

That's about the time it was produced, but not when it falls within the DCAU timeline.

well you're right what he actually said was it's after JL & JLU so the DCAU lineup should be:

B:TAS

S:TAS

B:Beyond

Static Shock

Zeta

JL

JLU

Teen Titains

as far as production. I misquoted him

Still a bit off.

Justice League aired from 17 November 2001 to 29 May 2004.

Teen Titans ran from 02 August 2003 'til 16 January 2006.

And JLU was 31 July 2004 to 13 May 2006.

So TT sits comfortably between the two incarnations of the Justice League cartoons.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Still a bit off.

Justice League aired from 17 November 2001 to 29 May 2004.

Teen Titans ran from 02 August 2003 'til 16 January 2006.

And JLU was 31 July 2004 to 13 May 2006.

So TT sits comfortably between the two incarnations of the Justice League cartoons.

so I was right kida with it sitting in between JL & JLU seeing as the DVD set of JLU season 1 was techincially 2 seasons combined it could be fit inbetween that.

Regardless the point is Bruce Timm and Co created the show and everything it is the DCAU or the Timmverse or whatever u want to call it.

yes the arguments can be made for the stories of teen titans as where the stories fit in but the show itself is in the DCAU because Timm & Co made it!! LOL :D

Quick question- The JL/JLU flash is Wally West right? Now given the rest of the cast of characters in TT we can assume that Kid Flash in that show is also Wally West. So Wally went from being an upstart kid to racing Superman around the world as a fully grown Flash in what time period exactly? And who was he the Kid Flash to? Was there a Barry Allen in the DCAU? Nothing in JLU episode Flash and Substance would indicate so, all the statues and tributes depict the Wally West costume, not the Barry Allen one, and no mention is ever made of a predecessor when he's getting his own museum. Surely he'd pay tribute to those who came before?

Guest DCAUFan1051
Though it's true that the leading force behind Teen Titans was Glen Murakami, who did work with Timm on BTAS and Superman, Timm and his crew didn't make Teen Titans. That's one of the reasons people think it isn't in the DCAU.

I'm not trying to fuel the fire but it clearly states that Timm was an executive producer on Teen Titans please follow the link. Scroll to where it says producer and it's clearly stated he's an executive producer on TT.

Bruce W. Timm IMDB Page

Stavros: Based on the fact that Michael Rosenbaum voiced both Kid Flash in Teen Titans and The Flash in JL / JLU, it can be assumed that Kid Flash grew up to be The Flash. Since The Flash in JL / JLU is Wally, then the TT Kid Flash is also Wally.

Along those same lines, Mike Erwin voiced both the Teen Titans Speedy and the JLU "Patriot Act" Speedy.

If Teen Titans is in the DCAU continuity, it has to take place either before Batman: The Animated Series, or after BTAS but before Gotham Knights. Based on Robin's age in TT (16-ish), it has to be assumed that he and Batman had a falling out prior to BTAS, which led to Robin forming the Titans, but then he went back to Batman by the time he entered college.

Again, let's go with Robin being 16 in Teen Titans and 22 by the time he graduated college ("Old Wounds"). We then have to add at least another three years from the time Gotham Knights ended to the first episode of Justice League. By then Dick, Wally and Speedy would have aged to 25. So nine-ish years is the span from TT to the start of JL.

To answer your question about Barry: in "Flash and Substance" Wally mentions his uncle might visit, though we never see him. That could lead some people to believe that Barry was said uncle and that he might have been The Flash when Wally was Kid Flash.

And you're right, we never saw Barry's costume in the museum, but we were confined to one wing of it. Another wing could have been dedicated to Barry, and another to Jay.

Mike: The term "executive producer" tends to be vague. It can be someone who has actual input on the show to someone who simply funds it. As far as I know, Bruce Timm and little (if anything) to actually do with Teen Titans.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Mike, we don't need convincing. :laugh: James and I will be covering Teen Titans on World's Finest Podcast. That's been our stance from very early on.

no I know that but I was making the "Bruce Timm" argument lol

Stavros: Based on the fact that Michael Rosenbaum voiced both Kid Flash in Teen Titans and The Flash in JL / JLU, it can be assumed that Kid Flash grew up to be The Flash. Since The Flash in JL / JLU is Wally, then the TT Kid Flash is also Wally.

Along those same lines, Mike Erwin voiced both the Teen Titans Speedy and the JLU "Patriot Act" Speedy.

If Teen Titans is in the DCAU continuity, it has to take place either before Batman: The Animated Series, or after BTAS but before Gotham Knights. Based on Robin's age in TT (16-ish), it has to be assumed that he and Batman had a falling out prior to BTAS, which led to Robin forming the Titans, but then he went back to Batman by the time he entered college.

Again, let's go with Robin being 16 in Teen Titans and 22 by the time he graduated college ("Old Wounds"). We then have to add at least another three years from the time Gotham Knights ended to the first episode of Justice League. By then Dick, Wally and Speedy would have aged to 25. So nine-ish years is the span from TT to the start of JL.

OK, but Flash first appears in the 17th episode of Superman: The Animated Series, not JLU. Its too much of a stretch for me to imagine that kid we saw in Titans as the fully grown Flash, even allowing for 4-6 years from the supposed ideal scenario of TT happening before BTAS, which I just don't buy.

I'm fine with the show bing covered, I've watched all the episodes and I'm a fan, but I don't buy it being in continuity, too much doesn't fit.