Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Tim Burton and Disney have found their new Alice -- not in Wonderland or down the rabbit hole but Down Under.

Australian actress Mia Wasikowska is in final negotiations to walk through the looking glass in Burton's take on Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel "Alice in Wonderland." The deal marks the end of a long search for the big-budget project's title character.

The film, based on a script by Linda Woolverton ("The Lion King"), will be produced by longtime Burton collaborator Richard Zanuck, former Disney chairman Joe Roth and Jennifer and Suzanne Todd. It will be shot with live-action and performance-capture footage and presented in Disney Digital 3-D. Disney creative executive Jason Reed will oversee the project, set to begin principal photography in November.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...2ed4a1429ad1561

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the greatest news that could have come from this movie.

Actor Johnny Depp was chosen to play "Mad Hatter" in Tim Burton's version of "Alice in Wonderland". Burton was hired by Disney studios to make the 3D version if Lewis Carrol's classic. Depp is the second confirmed cast member. Australian Mia Wasikowska will play Alice.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37702

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Crispin Glover has signed on to play the Knave of Hearts in Tim Burton's adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland" for Disney.

Glover joins Mia Wasikowska as Alice and a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Burton is using a combination of live action and performance-capture technology to tell the Lewis Carroll story.

The APA-repped Glover is no stranger to performance-capture technology: He worked in the medium for "Beowulf."

In "Alice," the Knave of Hearts is put on trial for stealing the Queen of Hearts' tarts and is defended by Alice.

Crispin Glover joins 'Alice in Wonderland'

Crispin Glover might be the creepiest actor alive.

Crispin Glover has signed on to play the Knave of Hearts in Tim Burton's adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland" for Disney.

Glover joins Mia Wasikowska as Alice and a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Burton is using a combination of live action and performance-capture technology to tell the Lewis Carroll story.

The APA-repped Glover is no stranger to performance-capture technology: He worked in the medium for "Beowulf."

In "Alice," the Knave of Hearts is put on trial for stealing the Queen of Hearts' tarts and is defended by Alice.

Crispin Glover joins 'Alice in Wonderland'

I'm calling it now - Helena Bonham Carter will be the Queen of Hearts

FTW. Even if her role hasn't been officially announced.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that Johnny or Helen, I seriously can't tell....

Fuck this shit. If anyone say's they are excited for this, then they are a mindless peon. This trio have become the movie equivalent of the pop music world. Tired old formula that sells. There is nothing creative or imaginative about it. I'm not even sure if either Depp or Carter are actually acting anymore, they play the same fucking character in all their Burton roles.

Am I excited because it's the Adventures in Wonderland mythos? Hell yeah.

Am I expecting Burton to do anything other than what Burton's always done? Of course not.

And Bingo was his name-o.

Quiet, you mindless peon!

Eh, I'm not the biggest Burton fan and his track record with other people's creations isn't exactly stellar. But I'm not going to dump on this until I actually see it. Which is one of the least common sentences on the internet.

Eh, I'm not the biggest Burton fan and his track record with other people's creations isn't exactly stellar. But I'm not going to dump on this until I actually see it. Which is one of the least common sentences on the internet.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Sweeney Todd. He has become the master of making over-priced pieces of shit.

When he goes the other route (ie: Big Fish) mindless peons call it down.