Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Who's Anne Hathaway supposed to be in this?

A living Maybelline doll?

She's the White Queen. I gotta say the casting for this looks dynamite, Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman, Michael Sheen, Crispin Glover, Anne Hathaway, Johnny Depp, and the ever present HBC, its a hell of a cast that could really make almost any kind of film. I'll watch Fry, Rickman or Sheen in anything as it is.

Am I the only one just completely fucking bored with Burton by now?

He'd have to do something that looks like a de Palma film at this point to prove to me he's anything but a one trick pony with a bunch of imagery in the place of actual directorial talent or originality.

Am I the only one just completely fucking bored with Burton by now?

He'd have to do something that looks like a de Palma film at this point to prove to me he's anything but a one trick pony with a bunch of imagery in the place of actual directorial talent or originality.

Totally agree, or at the very least, try and do the same thing, but with different people..... At least Phil Jackson switched from MJ to Kobe, Burton seems too scared to go without Depp (or the wife) in case people start thinking it's the cast and not him.....

If this is like his Charlie and the chocolate factory, looks nice, but is dull and uninteresting, then that means Burton will be the Michael Bay of arty films.

To be fair Alice in Wonderland is really boring to start with.

Somewhere in Georgia, James Deaux is shaking his fist in the air.

Tim Burton for his last few films has disappointed me a lot, compared to his earlier work(Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, etc)he has went down a bit in quality. But this film is starting to look really good and I love the look Johnny Depp is sporting. So I hope that Burton is developing a good film, because the last time I felt like this it was for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and that turned out be shit.

Check out this link for some old and new pictures

http://www.erickwithnok.com/post/128134432...nd-new-pictures

• 4 weeks later...