Tron Legacy

I just watched the movie again on Blu-Ray on a 50'' LCD screen, and I actually think it works better that way than it ever did in the theater (2D or 3D). Something about the visual style just works better when the entire screen is in your field of view; the artistry comes across more vividly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TFG1Mike

I just watched the movie again on Blu-Ray on a 50'' LCD screen, and I actually think it works better that way than it ever did in the theater (2D or 3D). Something about the visual style just works better when the entire screen is in your field of view; the artistry comes across more vividly.

completely agree.... I loved it watching through iTunes.

Guest TFG1Mike

I actually think that after seeing it on an awesome home theater setup, I might upgrade my opinion of the film from "It's got problems, but I like it" to "It's got problems, but I love it."

I don't think it has too many issues. Then again I'm a superfan of the franchise now.

I eagerly anticipate Tron 3 in 25 years.

That'd be so weird. I mean, that opening scene with Sam and his dad was really on-the-nose for me, since my dad used to tell me stories about the first TRON movie before I saw it in exactly the same way. And (I kid you not), that scene (according to the fictional ENCOM website's timeline) actually takes place on July 26th, 1989, my birthday.

So the thought that I might one day be the dad introducing my kids to TRON is kind of a weird/cool idea.