X-Men: First Class

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooper 'Retroman' posted on the Superhero Hype! message boards a discovery that an agency has Australian actor Tim Pocock listed as playing Scott Summers (Cyclops) in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

'A1ant' then followed-up with the agency who confirmed the casting. "Yes, that information is correct. He was cast as the younger Scott Summers," they said.

I thought he was the one that broke the news on his own website, but I can't be sure.

But rolling out of the Wolverine movie into a X-Men: First Class movie would be perfect.

• 3 months later...
20th Century Fox has hired "Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz to write X-Men: First Class. He'd also been offered a chance to direct the film, but declined.

Schwartz, the creator and executive producer of The CW's hit as well as Fox's "The O.C." and NBC's "Chuck," is expected to inject a next-gen sensibility into the superhero series.

The studio has been leaning toward using the younger characters introduced in the previous films in future installments --teenagers with powers taught at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.

Resulting film would likely draw from elements of the Marvel Comic of the same name, launched in 2006, and enlist such characters as Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat, who have appeared prominently or made cameos in prior pics.

Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced all three "X-Men" pics, as well as next summer's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, is producing "First Class" alongside Mr. & Mrs. Smith scribe Simon Kinberg.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50644

• 9 months later...
SuperHeroHype.com reports that Tim Pocock, who played the young Scott Summers/Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, has revealed that he will reprise the role in 20th Century Fox's X-Men: First Class.

"Currently shooting Australian TV series till February 2010...then X-men first class," he said on his Twitter account. "Wolverine" producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently hinted that a new "X-Men" movie would start production in 2010.

Written by Josh Schwartz, the film will likely draw from elements of the Marvel Comic of the same name, launched in 2006.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59207

I've already lost interest.

• 2 months later...

Bump,

This movie should be good. I would hope that this could take place right after X-Men Origins: Wolverine. So they could have a young Cyclops, then they could find Jean. Play that relationship. Another cool thing they could do is have a slightly younger Emma Frost in it.

Because didn't she go with Xavier at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Out of all the rumors and plans for future X-movies, I think this one sounds the best.

I love the ideas for more prequels. But all these prequels should of started after X2, and Last Stand should of never been made. Until the rest of the Marvel movies crossover with X-Men and as long as Daredevil and Elektra don't get sequels, the X-movies will continue to be made. In fact I hope they continue to be made. One of the greatest advantages of Marvel live action movies is that more than one company can be making them, and I hope Disney continues to allow that. I really want Fox to do Emma Frost in one of the next movies.

We all know they are just making these movies at this point so the rights don't go back to Marvel. Expect crap because they aren't putting much effort into it. Having movies made by different companies is a disadvantage because they can't cross over. I'd love to see all the movies in the same universe with some stuff from one movie making it into another. That will never happen as long as Marvel isn't making all of them.

• 2 weeks later...