X-Men: First Class

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reboot should add some life into it. Now if Logan shows up in it, that would be milking it.

It's a reboot? I did not know that.

Even so, I think they should gave that franchise a rest, though it's not WAY too soon like the Spider-Man reboot.

I'm assuming it's a reboot because the timelines don't add up.

• 3 weeks later...

January Jones confirms they are doing both the diamond and telepathy for Emma.

She did have some advantages over the other actors when it came to costumes. "I don't have to do all the crazy prosthetics... When I morph into my diamond form, it's all done on computer."

Jones said that one of the first things she wanted to understand was the source of Emma's anger. "Emma was a bespectacled, mousy child who had this power when she was young that she couldn't quite harness, the telepathy, the mind-twisting stuff," Jones said. "She had a falling out with her father and went her own direction."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113153-january-jones-on-playing-emma-frost

Spoilers from the coming trailer:

♦ The trailer opens with the 20th Century Fox logo which pans up as the two spotlight beams cross and form a white "X" on the left of the screen. A white circle goes around the "X" forming the X-Men logo, as Magneto's helmet comes up on the right.

♦ Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan voice over the opening lines about destiny and which side will you stand for as scenes of each in their previous X-Men movie roles flash until the entire screen flashes from white to black.

♦ A very young Xavier and Erik meet for the first time, followed by a different angle of the scene from the opening of X-Men in the concentration camp.

♦ Camera pans outside of an old castle-style building that greatly resembles the X-mansion. McAvoy and Fassbender are seen walking through the halls. The words "One wanted peace" flash by Xavier.

♦ Scene transitions to Erik yelling dramatically as metal tables in the room begin to float around him. Xavier and Mags shake hands with a tall man in a lab coat introduced as Dr. McCoy.

♦ The words "The other was too far gone" flash as a very pissed off Erik storms through a hallway killing guards as he passes them.

♦ Cut scene to what appears to be a red Nightcrawler with swords taking out a room full of people; the close up reveals Azazel's face.

♦ The Hellfire Club stand next to Xavier on a bed as Emma goes into diamond form. Olver Platt and Kevin Bacon were next to Emma in black aristocratic clothes, with Emma wearing the exact same outfit from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

♦ Mystigue on a bed with her skin turning black; Beast is shown transforming, with his feet growing and toes webbing and fur growing.

♦ Havok shoots a red beam of energy—looks almost exactly like cyclops's eye beam, but larger -- from his chest (SIDE NOTE: Havok's powers in comics have always had a blue energy, this change may be to relate his character to Cyclops).

♦ It then shows Beast all blue and furry (looking almost exactly like Kelsey Grammer in make-up) in the pilot seat of a crashing jet, followed by several rockets flying towards an island.

♦ Xavier's face goes all CGI and his head begins to go bald as he mentally pulls a large ship that was sinking out of the water, as well as some smaller boats around it (seems to allude to Xavier have telekinesis).

♦ Back to Xavier (with hair) telling Erik he only wanted peace for him, and he replies there was never a chance for anyone to have that.

♦ Final scene: Erik picks up a black helmet, then he is shown from behind wearing a black and red suit (no cape or coat though) and the helmet. Screen cuts to black and the X-Men: First Class logo shows up (the one described above), then the release date.

Source

I debated the spoiler tags since anything in the trailer wouldn't be a spoiler, but they might decide to take something out before it's released.

Azazel's always been red, yeah. The blue thing with Nightcrawler comes from Mystique.

Also, judging by the fact that Mystique looks so much like her other appearances, and the lack of any ACTUAL First Class X-Men aside from Beast, I think it's safe to say that this is meant to be a prequel in the already-existing X-men storyline. Which sucks, but whatever. If it's good it's good.

Ok, so I looked up Angel Salvadore on wikipedia, having barely a recollection of her. I understand M-Day and shit, but this is ridiculous.

She went from this:

Angel.jpg

to this?

TempestAngelSalvadore.jpg

And this:

Blackwing.jpg

Is what Beak looks like now?

Sooo, "depowering" meant they turned into supermodels?

EDIT: I know this has nothing to do with the movie version of the character - I hope - I'm just saying that's fucking ridiculous.

Well, let's see....

If Scott was 40 in X-Men 1 (which is really pushing it), and that took place in 2005-ish, then he'd have been born in 1965, about when this film takes place. Havok looks to me like he could be as young as 17-18, so there's about a 20-year gap between them.

But that definitely does make for huge problems, then. Having Scott and Alex not be young boys together (and making Alex the older one) is certainly bizarre.