Missy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. That's crazy. My parents married young but didn't have a kid for 10 years (they didn't want any). My grandparents also had my dad first (of 8) and relatively young after the war but that would make my grandparents well into their fifties before I came along.

It wasn't until this past January, when we had a joint birthday party celebrating my Gram's 83rd, my cousin's 45th, and my 39th, that I finally did the math and realized how young she was she first became a grandmother. (In fact, doing it again reveals she was 38, so I'm older than she was. Huh.)

It wasn't until this past January, when we had a joint birthday party celebrating my Gram's 83rd, my cousin's 45th, and my 39th, that I finally did the math and realized how young she was she first became a grandmother. (In fact, doing it again reveals she was 38, so I'm older than she was. Huh.)

Not quite the same train of thought, but my surviving grandmother (97 next month) became a Granny for the first time in 1967 (aged 47) and for a final time in 1988 (aged 68). That last one being Pandy btw.

Couldn't tell you the range for her great grandchildren but her first one born within wedlock was in 2007. Prior to that, I remember her remarking to me that she was fond of them all but perturbed by the fact that "they are all bastards".

Still makes me chuckle!

Valentine's Day, 2009. I'd just got an iPod and wanted something to listen to on a long walk to the comic book store. I searched podcasts about Batman and stumbled on WFP. I listened to the first episode and a later one, I think one that had a heavy amount of Harley Quinn. I think I started posting here two months later, nearly stopped after I said something dumb and I wanna say Des (rightfully) yelled at me but decided to stick with it. I feel like I integrated in pretty well after that point.

While I would say I'm in almost everyway at the same point in my life that I was back then (to the point that I'm living in the same apartment complex), I dunno. Not to be sappy but I don't like to imagine my life without nearly any of you. I feel like I'd be screaming a lot more.