Missy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I first felt old when I passed through a recent episode of Sesame Street. As a child my favorite character was Gordon. So much so that my favorite stuffed animal (a lion) was named Gordon. So when I saw him talking to Abby Cadabbi I noticed his mustache changed color and he had wrinkles.

I wanted to yell at the screen "Who gave you permission go grow old?!!"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favorite "I'm old" line of demarcation, and I'm thinking about it more right now with baseball HOF announcement this coming week, and the NFL one coming at the end of the month, is when professional athletes whom I've watched and enjoyed their ENTIRE career in the spotlight, which includes getting spotlighted as "can't miss" prospects in the HS or collegiate level depending on the sport, start routinely getting inducted into their sport's Hall of Fame.

Probably even more so in the cases where the player is on the ballot beyond their first time eligible (for whatever reason).

The next one probably is when those making it into said Halls are YOUNGER than I am! :rocking:

My favorite "I'm old" line of demarcation, and I'm thinking about it more right now with baseball HOF announcement this coming week, and the NFL one coming at the end of the month, is when professional athletes whom I've watched and enjoyed their ENTIRE career in the spotlight, which includes getting spotlighted as "can't miss" prospects in the HS or collegiate level depending on the sport, start routinely getting inducted into their sport's Hall of Fame.

Probably even more so in the cases where the player is on the ballot beyond their first time eligible (for whatever reason).

The next one probably is when those making it into said Halls are YOUNGER than I am! :rocking:

That was a real one for me for a long time, especially when it comes to that classic class of young Man Utd players aka the best British class of footballers in the last 30 years. Those guys like Beckham and the Neville brothers broke in just as I got into football and they're all retired commentators or whatever Beckham is now. I saw those guys break through as top level talents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...