Batman 3...TBA

Hopefully, we will not see a new Batman film for at least 3 years. Today's films seem to have the best 2nd Comic book film, and terrible 3rd film. I hope this doesn't happen to the Caped Crusader. Here is the first piece of news, on what villains David Goyer says will NOT be in any future Batman films in the Nolan Series:

Batman' scribe rules out Penguin, Catwoman

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

'Batman' scribe rules out Penguin, Catwoman

'Batman Begins'

The Dark Knight co-writer David Goyer has revealed that Catwoman and the Penguin are unlikely to feature in future Batman sequels.

Goyer explained that, despite re-introducing the Joker in The Dark Knight, the filmmakers want to explore new villains in future films.

He said: "Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie, we used Ra's Al Ghul and the Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the '60s TV show before.

"There are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says it's got to be the Penguin or Catwoman [in the next film]... well I completely disagree."

Along with their appearances in the Adam West TV show, the characters also featured as antagonists in 1992's Batman Returns.

Guys, I have a solution.

Egghead_batman.jpg

That would be too much of a campy character. Has he made any dark appearances in the comics?

I think that Harley Quinn would be cool, if it was done in the dark vein that Mia Sara and Sherilyn Fenn(in the unaired pilot) played her in the Birds of Prey series(even those who hate the show, have to admit that that portrayal was awesome and would go nicely with Heath Ledger's Joker).

Clayface, would be great, but maybe a little out there, in terms of the realistic setting Christopher Nolan has set the series to be in.

How about Red Claw, she can be revealed as Talia the daughter(instead of the actual one) of Ra's Al Ghoul, this could also give us a little backstory on Alfred's past.

Guys, I have a solution.

Egghead_batman.jpg

That would be too much of a campy character. Has he made any dark appearances in the comics?

I think that Harley Quinn would be cool, if it was done in the dark vein that Mia Sara and Sherilyn Fenn(in the unaired pilot) played her in the Birds of Prey series(even those who hate the show, have to admit that that portrayal was awesome and would go nicely with Heath Ledger's Joker).

Clayface, would be great, but maybe a little out there, in terms of the realistic setting Christopher Nolan has set the series to be in.

How about Red Claw, she can be revealed as Talia the daughter(instead of the actual one) of Ra's Al Ghoul, this could also give us a little backstory on Alfred's past.

D.W was joking, well i hope to Jesus he was. The best option in my mind is hush. But how would they tie his origin into Bruces is my only worry. Harley from Birds of Prey would kick fucking ass. That is all.

Hopefully, we will not see a new Batman film for at least 3 years. Today's films seem to have the best 2nd Comic book film, and terrible 3rd film. I hope this doesn't happen to the Caped Crusader. Here is the first piece of news, on what villains David Goyer says will NOT be in any future Batman films in the Nolan Series:

Batman' scribe rules out Penguin, Catwoman

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

'Batman' scribe rules out Penguin, Catwoman

'Batman Begins'

The Dark Knight co-writer David Goyer has revealed that Catwoman and the Penguin are unlikely to feature in future Batman sequels.

Goyer explained that, despite re-introducing the Joker in The Dark Knight, the filmmakers want to explore new villains in future films.

He said: "Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie, we used Ra's Al Ghul and the Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the '60s TV show before.

"There are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says it's got to be the Penguin or Catwoman [in the next film]... well I completely disagree."

Along with their appearances in the Adam West TV show, the characters also featured as antagonists in 1992's Batman Returns.

I can counter this with a single sentence:

Following Batman Begins, producer Charles Roven said the Joker wasn't neccessarily going to be in the sequel.

So I wouldn't discount Catwoman, even though Nolan himself has gone on record saying he couldn't see The Penguin working. Director > Producer, for some reason. I still think the Riddler's the most "likely", although I doubt we'd see a question mark leotard come into the equation.