Choose your side

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not a battle of the characters. We're talking strictly the movies.

I love both, but I was always more of a Friday guy myself, for the following reasons.

- Halloween may have innovated the slasher formula, but Friday continued to run with it long after Halloween fell off a cliff.

- Jason Goes to Hell, and Jason Takes Manhattan (despite having one of the best kills) are the only installments I really hated.

- By contrast, only three of the Nightmare movies are actually worth a damn.

- Jason X is the best comedy that no one realizes is a comedy.

- Freddy's Revenge isn't nearly as funny.

Had to go with Nightmare on Elm Street. It's hard for me to say why without comparing the main characters, so I'll just say it: Freddy scared the living shit out of me as a kid. He is my boogeyman.

But I'll back you on the Jason X thing. I could not stop laughing at that movie. It's probably my 4th favorite bad movie, behind Jaws: the Revenge, This Island Earth, and Frankenfish.

Through thick and thin, I've always been an Elm Street guy. That's due in part to the fact that the very first VHS tape I owned was A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master; on a whim my dad bought me a used copy from the video store, and I wore that sucker out! That aside, the reason I prefer the series is because I think the kills are much more inventive. Stabbing and impaling people is all well and good, but the Elm Street writers took kills to a level that no one has come close to.

Through thick and thin, I've always been an Elm Street guy. That's due in part to the fact that the very first VHS tape I owned was A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master; on a whim my dad bought me a used copy from the video store, and I wore that sucker out!

The first vhs I owned was Nightmare On Elm Street 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'm going for Elm Street as Jason would only mess with you if you went near his camp, and you had a chance to survive. Just run away and change your name to Stan.

Freddy got you in your dreams which everyone has so he's more universal.

What? Jason would follow you into SPACE just so he could kill you, that is devotion to your craft.

Well, I'm going for Elm Street as Jason would only mess with you if you went near his camp, and you had a chance to survive. Just run away and change your name to Stan.

Freddy got you in your dreams which everyone has so he's more universal.

What? Jason would follow you into SPACE just so he could kill you, that is devotion to your craft.

But freddy advertised the power glove.

And he also killed that annoying guy from road trip and rat race!