Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

Well, considering that, allow me to say this: JLU isn't in continuity, and we won't be covering it. :P

You are hereby impeached and will be replaced on WFP if that above statement remains true! :w00t::evil:

HA! From my cold dead hands, my friend! :P

Well now, when has that stopped you before? ;)

:D

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am PISSED!!! :madgo: I just heard a rumor that they were going to use Ra's Al Ghul on Justice League Unlimited but couldn't due to the fucking Bat-Embargo. Supposedly they would give a backstory to the Near Apocolypse 0f '09. And get this (James Deaux is going to shoot himself when he reads this) They were going to adapt Tower of Babel. Yup, TOWER OF FUCKING BABEL!!! It would be a follow up to the Doomsday Sanction where Batman's distrust of the League causes him to construct contingency plans for if they ever went rogue. Ra's Al Ghul was going to get ahold of them and put them into action. Batman would convince Talia to help him save the League and stop Ra's. Batman would leave the League, form the Outsiders, and team up with Cadmus. Bruce Timm has even stated the bat-embargo's restriction was a good thing, as they already did the voting-out thing with Hawkgirl, and they would have to make either Batman or the JLA look like the bad guy. Still, we could have RA'S FUCKING AL GHUL IN JUSTICE LEAGUE, and we didn't. :cry:

I am PISSED!!! :madgo: I just heard a rumor that they were going to use Ra's Al Ghul on Justice League Unlimited but couldn't due to the fucking Bat-Embargo. Supposedly they would give a backstory to the Near Apocolypse 0f '09. And get this (James Deaux is going to shoot himself when he reads this) They were going to adapt Tower of Babel. Yup, TOWER OF FUCKING BABEL!!! It would be a follow up to the Doomsday Sanction where Batman's distrust of the League causes him to construct contingency plans for if they ever went rogue. Ra's Al Ghul was going to get ahold of them and put them into action. Batman would convince Talia to help him save the League and stop Ra's. Batman would leave the League, form the Outsiders, and team up with Cadmus. Bruce Timm has even stated the bat-embargo's restriction was a good thing, as they already did the voting-out thing with Hawkgirl, and they would have to make either Batman or the JLA look like the bad guy. Still, we could have RA'S FUCKING AL GHUL IN JUSTICE LEAGUE, and we didn't. :cry:

Dude. Seriously.

While it is frustrating, if I'm going to shoot myself, it isn't going to be over a lost opportunity in a cartoon I had nothing to do with planning or creating.

Still, it's nice to know they'd know how to adapt it for a DVD film.

I was watching the special features on the Batman Beyond season 3 dvd. According to Alan Burnett wanted the character who shall not be named from the show to end up being Terry's girlfriend. Bruce Timm retorted "the fans hate Max" and than said under his breath "plus Max did'nt like guys" Did I hear that incorrectly? Or did he hint that she who shall not be named was a lesbian?

I was watching the special features on the Batman Beyond season 3 dvd. According to Alan Burnett wanted the character who shall not be named from the show to end up being Terry's girlfriend. Bruce Timm retorted "the fans hate Max" and than said under his breath "plus Max did'nt like guys" Did I hear that incorrectly? Or did he hint that she who shall not be named was a lesbian?

What disc? And was it a commentary, or was it a feature. I'm bored, so probably going to go check this out.

2nd disc I believe, it was a mini-review thing feature. It was about a royal flush gang episode I believe, I don't know, but it's in the 3rd season. I saw it on youtbe, so...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Question: Why is it in Justice League/JLU that they only credit the big 3 creators?

This isn't something that bothers me, but it seems like they would credit all the characters creators wouldn't they? Then again that would make the end credits for each episode way longer. At least they could credit the remaining 4 heroes ones.

At the same time, since they already had one immortal villain who works out crafty plans due to his long experience - wouldn't Ra's have come off as a pale Vandal Savage? Granted, I'm biased, as Vandal Savage has been a foe of 3 of the 4 Flashes, but still....

Chris

Because they are the trinity? Also, could be, those creators are the only ones smart enough, and at the time to get their names put on every piece of media involving their characters. Well, that's what Bob Kane did.

I believe that's the case - every version of those 3 has to have a creator credit. Wonder Woman's creator (William Moulton Marston) was the first creator to get ownership rights - I believe that his heirs still get some royalties from the character. I've read that there was a reversion of rights clause wherein if DC ever publishes either less than 1 WW issue per month, or less than 4 per year, the rights revert to Marston's airs for not only future, but any past appearances; the fact that I've heard it with several different criteria suggests that this may be an urban legend (Can you imagine how much the rights to Wonder Woman would be worth for everything she's ever been in? I would suspect that if this clause existed and took effect that the heirs would not have a claim to the money made from WW up to that point, but everyone who bought a back issues, collection, DVD, what have you from that day forth would pay the heirs. Also a reason that I doubt the story of that clause is true.)

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know JL/JLU came after Batman Beyond, but I almost wish that they would have made some sort of callback to The Once and Future Thing Part 2. That would have been cool if "old man" Bruce remembered it.