Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm just now noticing how often it seems that Supes and Hawkgirl got teamed up in Season 1.

hmmmm...Secret Origins, In Blackest Night, The Savage Time...is that it? I think Flash is partnered with GL more times than Hawkgirl is with Supes; they work off each other well because they're complete opposites, even more so than Hawkgirl and Superman

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm just now noticing how often it seems that Supes and Hawkgirl got teamed up in Season 1.

hmmmm...Secret Origins, In Blackest Night, The Savage Time...is that it? I think Flash is partnered with GL more times than Hawkgirl is with Supes; they work off each other well because they're complete opposites, even more so than Hawkgirl and Superman

Yes you are right with GL and Flash... but what I've noticed outta season 1 so far is the following:

Supers & Hawkgirl

Batman & Wonder Woman

GL and Flash ... J'onn being the odd team member out floating from set to set.

One of my big complaints with Justice League is the fact that Wonder Woman never really had any strong relationship with any of the leaguers besides Batman. They had major potential to go into her strong friendship with Superman, or the warrior sisterhood with Hawkgirl, but none of that really appeared. Batman aside, as far as relationships went, she was just sort of "there."

One of my big complaints with Justice League is the fact that Wonder Woman never really had any strong relationship with any of the leaguers besides Batman. They had major potential to go into her strong friendship with Superman, or the warrior sisterhood with Hawkgirl, but none of that really appeared. Batman aside, as far as relationships went, she was just sort of "there."

yeah I think she was probably handled the weakest of the original seven; but she did develop a strong friendship with J'onn (beginning around "Tabula Rasa" continuing on to "Destroyer") and after Justice League she hated Hawkgirl (though I suppose hatred isn't really a relationship unless it's mutual) until "The Balance"

Just from what they've said in interviews, I kinda think that the DCAU production crew (Timm and the rest) didn't really understand her character as much as the rest.

Come to think of it, WW never really had a deep character-defining storyline, did she? Batman and Superman each had an entire animated series prior, Superman had Twilight and several deeper storylines in JLU, John and Hawkgirl had Starcrossed, Flash had that Speed force thing in Divided We Fall, and J'onn had a dozen or so episodes centered on him and his development.

Just from what they've said in interviews, I kinda think that the DCAU production crew (Timm and the rest) didn't really understand her character as much as the rest.

Come to think of it, WW never really had a deep character-defining storyline, did she? Batman and Superman each had an entire animated series prior, Superman had Twilight and several deeper storylines in JLU, John and Hawkgirl had Starcrossed, Flash had that Speed force thing in Divided We Fall, and J'onn had a dozen or so episodes centered on him and his development.

that's true...she never had a character-defining moment, even in episodes where she was pulled off well like "The Savage Time". Still, the creators of the DCAU did her much better in the DC Universe movie bearing her name.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to listen to this, one of my new faves. Listening to the BTAS eps, but think I will jump back on with Teen Titans. Anyways, JLU is back on Boomerang! Here's the current schedule.

Friday, April 16th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Shadow of the Hawk"

Saturday, April 17th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Chaos at the Earth’s Core"

Sunday, April 18th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "To Another Shore"

Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Flash and Substance"

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Dead Reckoning"

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Patriot Act"

Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "The Great Brain Robbery"

Friday, April 23rd, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Grudge Match"

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Far From Home"

Sunday, April 25th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Ancient History"

Monday, April 26th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Alive"

Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Destroyer"

Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "We Are Legion"

Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Shadow of the Hawk"

Friday, April 30, 2010 at 11:00pm (ET) - Justice League Unlimited "Chaos at the Earth’s Core"

I just found out that Clancy Brown plays Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants. Hmm. Luthor has many similarities with Krabs, lol.

yeah that blew my mind almost as much as when I learned that Luke Skywalker voiced the Joker

btw are you guys (Mike and James) gonna review the ten-minute "Lost Episode" of Teen Titans or will it just get lip-service like the "Chase Me" short video?

WHAAT? I never knew there was such a thing. I don't think Teen Titans is in the DCAU, but I sure as hell won't complain, is this lost ep on youtube?

P.S. Catched up on Bigger on the Inside after yesterday, and right now I'm at WFP episode 32, and I only started like 4 days ago. Wish me luck! It's E-2 the show that has me screwed. I am at episode 12 out of 392. I know this should go under the E-2 the Show boards, but any highlights you guys recommend I skip to?

It's E-2 the show that has me screwed. I am at episode 12 out of 392. I know this should go under the E-2 the Show boards, but any highlights you guys recommend I skip to?

Honestly, I recommend all of the shows, but here's a sampling:

- The Saw episodes (2, 69, 169, 278, 356)

- The Batman episodes (258, 266, 293, 325, 350)

- The vampire special (16)

- The Muppet episode (25)

- Superman Returns (39)

- Our 50 favorite geeky things (50)

- Our love letter to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (100)

- Jenny and I discuss "Blink" (158)

- The 20th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation (160)

- The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (180)

- Right at Your Door (196)

- Justice League: The New Frontier (199)

- The Crow (200)

- My house was broken into while I was napping (233)

- She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword (261)

- Des and I discuss Robert Kirkman's controversial statements about comic books (268)

- Teen Wolf (269)

- Dan and I praise Steven Moffat (284)

- Marvels and Kingdom Come (289)

- Twilight (300)

- The best things about comic books in the 1990s (304)

- The 20th anniversary of Quantum Leap (309)

- Ian and Des talk about the Daredevil: Director's Cut (335)

- Superman / Batman: Public Enemies (345)

- The direct-to-DVD Wonder Woman cartoon (367)

It's E-2 the show that has me screwed. I am at episode 12 out of 392. I know this should go under the E-2 the Show boards, but any highlights you guys recommend I skip to?

- The Saw episodes (2, 69, 169, 278, 356) :yes: episode 2 you were just getting your legs, and I prey you bash it more.

- The Batman episodes (258, 266, 293, 325, 350) Good God, you reviewed Batman and Robin. From WFP I learned you are atheist, but regardless, I'll pray for you. -_-

- Superman Returns (39)

- The Crow (200)

- My house was broken into while I was napping (233)Geez,hope everything was okay, but as it happened over almost 2 years ago, I assume you were over all unscathed.

- Des and I discuss Robert Kirkman's controversial statements about comic books (268)

- Teen Wolf (269)

- Marvels and Kingdom Come (289) As I suggested this for a versus topic, next one I will listen to :)

- Twilight (300) This better be a rant, if not I will be sorely dissapointed.

I plan on listening to them all eventually, but thanks for pointing out the highlights.

- The Saw episodes (2, 69, 169, 278, 356) :yes: episode 2 you were just getting your legs, and I prey you bash it more.

- The Batman episodes (258, 266, 293, 325, 350) Good God, you reviewed Batman and Robin. From WFP I learned you are atheist, but regardless, I'll pray for you. -_-

- Superman Returns (39)

- The Crow (200)

- My house was broken into while I was napping (233)Geez,hope everything was okay, but as it happened over almost 2 years ago, I assume you were over all unscathed.

- Teen Wolf (269)

- Marvels and Kingdom Come (289) As I suggested this for a versus topic, next one I will listen to :)

- Twilight (300) This better be a rant, if not I will be sorely dissapointed.

As a lover of the radio serial dramas, I'd also throw in the Power Record episodes and the more recent Doc Savage serials.

- The Saw episodes (2, 69, 169, 278, 356)

- The Batman episodes (258, 266, 293, 325, 350)

- Superman Returns (39)

- The Crow (200)

- My house was broken into while I was napping (233)

- Teen Wolf (269)

- Marvels and Kingdom Come (289)

- Twilight (300)

Not bad for what must be about four & a half years of The Show's lifespan! :yes:

Heh. I took a break a few weeks back, actually. And this week is going to be filled with episodes of The Show:

Monday, 393: Kevin Conroy Spotlight (C2E2 panel)

Tuesday, 394: Comics and Mythology (C2E2 panel)

Wednesday, 395: Mike Mignola Spotlight (C2E2 panel)

Thursday, 396: Pulp Fiction (C2E2 panel)

Friday, 397: Max Brooks Spotlight (C2E2 panel)

Saturday, 398: Waiting for the Trade

Then next week there's:

Tuesday, 399: Either a 1st Issue Special or a Reddick & Sims

Saturday, 400: Batman Begins